Interloc Cyclo-cross Frame Older Cyclocross Bike

• Clearance for 38c tires with fenders • Slightly taller headtube extension, so you don't have to use as many spacers with threadless stems. 1-1/8" headset. € Rear wheel fits road hubs or mountain hubs € Front facing seatpost clamp stays away from rear wheel spray • Breeze-In dropouts • Chromoly straight blade unicrown fork is an option • Available in Racing Green with gold accents and Sparkling Black w/ gold accents • 10 sizes: 42cm - 62cm • Weight: 3.9 lbs. (52cm)

Submitted by ickymon a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: October 10, 2007

Strengths:    Steely ride...ohhhhhh so smooth! Handles great on pavement and dirt. Great do all bike.

Weaknesses:    Hey it's steel so it ain't no lightweight, and the stock fork which could double as an anchor.

Bottom Line:
I've ridden plenty of aluminum frames but I've always preferred steel. I was riding a Schwinn Supersport before the Interloc purchase so it gave me a chance to see the HUGE difference in ride quality between the two. My rides consist of pavement mixed with long stretches of gravel road. The steel frame seems to absorb the krappy pavement in my neck of the woods and when it comes to the gravel no comparison! I bought a 58cm frame and it has a long top tube but it seemed to work out ok. It has a sloping top tube which I also prefer. The stock fork is heavy and lucky for me I had a Kona fork that was about a pound lighter. The frame has cool breezer dropouts and plenty of room for 38c tires.

Favorite Ride:   Europe

Purchased At:   Craigslist used

Similar Products Used:   Rivendell Rambouillet, Bridgestone RB-1, Schwinn Supersport DBX

Bike Setup:   Shimano 105 with the exception being FSA carbon compact cranks, Deore hubs w/Mavic 117 rims, Cane Creek Cantis, Easton EC90 Seatpost, WTB Shadow Seat, Salsa Bell Lap Bars & Salsa Stem