Cannondale 1999 H300 Older Hybrid Bike

4.6/5 (10 Reviews)

1999 Cannondale H300, hybrid, Hybrid Mix components, Cannondale fork

Submitted by Preston Davis a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: January 5, 2012

Bottom Line:
Seems like a great bike, especially for the like new condition and the $10 price!

Purchased At:   Ventura, Ca yarad sa

Submitted by trobinson017 a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: December 15, 2009

Strengths:    Lightweight, smooth ride (think Cadillac!), whisper quiet on pavement, very durable for moderate offroad riding, very customizable.

Weaknesses:    Low end components. But ya buy the Cannondale frame, right?

Bottom Line:
I have a '96 H300 and absolutely love it! I sold my road bike cuz I was riding the Cannondale more. I've used it for urban commuting (26 mile roundtrip), charity rides (i.e. MS150) and general fitness riding up to 35 miles. I plan to do a century with her in about 6 months. I've added SPD clipless pedals, Girvin suspension stem, carbon fiber seatpost, flat aluminum handlebar with bar-ends, Kenda Kwest tires and Nashbar TRX saddle.

Favorite Ride:   beach roads in Florida

Purchased At:   Washington Bike Cent

Similar Products Used:   Bridgestone Synergy RB2 road bike, generic no-name mountain bike.

Bike Setup:   Stock frame, crankset, derailleurs, shifters, brakes and wheels. Upgraded pedals to SPDs, seatpost to carbon fiber, flat handlebar with bar-ends, thinner, slicker tires, and seat.

Submitted by mileage junkie a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: August 21, 2002

Strengths:    frame, very strong, very forgiving. Cannondale name and rep/

Weaknesses:    Quite a reach out to the handlebars.

Bottom Line:
Good bike. Great basic stuff makes it customizable to nearly anything you might want to do with a 700c Bike

Favorite Ride:   TRAM

Purchased At:   Nicollet South Bike

Similar Products Used:   GT Arrette

Bike Setup:   Converted for the road: Drops, bar-end shifters, road seatpost, bigger crankset.

Submitted by Mark a Weekend Warrior from Indiana

Date Reviewed: June 28, 2001

Strengths:    Weight, Adjustable stem, Cannondale "prestige"

Weaknesses:    Probably a little weak in the components, but will do for most users in this price range

Bottom Line:
Excellent all around bike for urban riding. Top gear to small for real road riding. Good riding frame, stable, and light.

Purchased At:   Clarksville Schwinn

Bike Setup:   OEM

Submitted by jaco a Recreational Rider from Baltimore Md USA

Date Reviewed: September 26, 2000

Strengths:    Light wieght; handling; ease of driving; reputation; killer frame; looks; overall quality; brakes.

Weaknesses:    Crappy OEM seat; some components are not as good as what one might get from other manufacturers at a similar price.

Bottom Line:
This bike is great. Everybody told me to get a mountain bike but my research said that for the city, commuting and recreational riding, a hybrid was the bike for me. This thing really hits the spot. It takes potholes and bad roads like they're nothing; climbs hills with ease, has a nice ride, is very stable and very easy to handle. Since I have to lug it up some steps to get it into my house, its light wieght (as compared to the Giant Farrago and others) makes it easy to get out and put away.

I may change a few components over time as I would like to trim even more wieght; I don't need the suspension seatpost and the adjustable stem and steel handlebars seem to be heavier than they need to be; but overall I love this bike.

I really wanted a road bike but knew I wouldn't do any serious roadbiking and also knew a RB couldn't handle the abuse dished out by urban riding, so Hybrid was the best choice. Anybody who's not going to take their bike to the woods and is riding mostly in the city or on paved roads should check this bike out. If I had a few more bux I would have gotten an H400; but this is similar save for a few components. I can't imagine being as happy in my situation) with a mountain bike.

BTW; I know this is entry was labeled 1999; but mine is a 2000 model FWIW.

Favorite Ride:   Local city streets

Similar Products Used:   Old upright handlebar 10-speed racer from childhood; tested a Trek (cool!) and a Specialized (really cool!)

Bike Setup:   Factory with added toe clips/straps and Specialized BG seat.