Schwinn 2001 CrissCross Older Hybrid Bike

4.67/5 (3 Reviews)

Submitted by deekellan a Commuter

Date Reviewed: August 19, 2008

Strengths:    Chromo frame is strong and gives a smooth ride, seriously. Geometry makes it nimble yet stable, go figure that one out. Racks attach very easily. Carries panniers well, doesn't seem bogged down. Comfy! Feels very similar to the 2007 Jamis Coda to be honest.

Weaknesses:    None that I can tell. Wish I had a few more!

Bottom Line:
Bought it cheap off craigslist, scrubbed the drivetrain clean, now it runs like a champ. Slightly heavy, but it doesn't bother me because I'm riding the bike, not carrying it. CroMo frame, lugged, is super smooth, soaks up road bumps/vibration very well. Excellent bike, I'm very impressed with it so far. Better than my Trek SU 200 because it feels smoother on the street.

Favorite Ride:   to and from work

Purchased At:   craigslist

Similar Products Used:   Trek SU 200, Jamis Coda Sport, various mountain bike made into "hybrids," road bikes galore.

Bike Setup:   Curved handlebars with Ergonomic grips, Trek saddle, rear rack with trunk and panniers, headlight, tail light, wide comfy pedals came stock, it's perfect.

Submitted by paul pray a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: November 14, 2006

Bottom Line:
I first saw this bicycle in a magazine, stating that it had the characteristicts of a road bike, yet offered the durrability of a moutaing bike. The photo of this article/advertisement had a blurred photo of a cyclist riding across a park(central park?) I thought, and dreamed about it and finally made it a reality when I arrived back into the states from a 14 month deployment from South Korea. It is a great bike, lighter than my old clunky steel bike I had rode before entering military service. I was first put off by the the 300 dollar price tag, but I bought it and made use of it across Fort Bragg and surrounding area. What a great bike, it handled extremely well, was rugged and fast. I found myself speeding along at 25 mph and never had a problem with the bike. I still own my bike, but I haven't riden it in over 5-8 years, but I remember the hair in my hair, and the swiftness of the bike. what a great product.

Favorite Ride:   Schwinn Crisscross 1991

Purchased At:   Fayetteville, NC

Submitted by Mattbiker a Recreational Rider from Dover, NH USA

Date Reviewed: August 5, 2002

Strengths:    Quality construction, very durable.

Weaknesses:    Not the lightest hybrid on the market, but not the heaviest either.

Bottom Line:
This is an excellent bicycle. These are solidly made and provide a great ride both on road and off. The only problem I've ever had is a flat tire.

Purchased At:   Tony's Bicycle Shop,