GT Bicycles Inc. 2001 Edge Older Racing Bike

Submitted by homebrew a Road Racer

Date Reviewed: October 23, 2005

Strengths:    Ti, well made, nice polish is easy to fix if scratched. Comfortable yet responsive. 15.8 lbs with ksyrum ssc wheels. 15.1lbs with renolds wheels (race day wheels)

Weaknesses:    You can buy a carbon frame that is lighter

Bottom Line:
Built this up myself and spent a bundle but I now own a bike I would not trade for anything. Handles better then any other frame I have used. Climbs like a goat, decends great(I have had it up to 61mph with no shimmy) quick handling and easy to care for. Very hard to find, I have only seen one other.

Favorite Ride:   anyplace near Boone NC

Purchased At:   private sale

Similar Products Used:   C'dale, specialised, fugi, lightspeed.

Bike Setup:   campy carbon record, zero gravity brakes, kysrum ssc wheels, tune speedneedle seat, easton carbon seatpost, woundup carbon fork, ritchy wcs stem, easton carbon bars, keo pedels

Submitted by axel23 a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: June 1, 2004

Strengths:    Excellent handling, lightweight (under 17lbs), sufficient stiffness without being unforgiving (benefit of titanium).

Bottom Line:
I found this GT Edge titanium frame on E-bay. It was built in Colorado and it's a pity they are no longer available. It may be the best handling bike I've ever owned (and I've had many, dating back to when I was racing in the 70s and 80s). It is precise, stiff, and perfectly aligned. This means it climbs exceptionally well, corners as well as any crit bike and the cockpit (i.e., saddle position in relation to bottom bracket and top tube length are ideal for road racing or aggressive recreational riders. Much as I've liked Colnagos, as well as other ti frames, this is by far the best. The trick is finding one.

Favorite Ride:   mt. bonnell