Bianchi 2000 Veloce Older Road Bike

4.75/5 (16 Reviews)

road race & triathlon, Campagnolo Veloce components, Bianchi carbon fork

Submitted by nesurd a Commuter

Date Reviewed: March 15, 2011

Strengths:    You can tell this bike is made in Italy. Riding on this beautiful steel frame is smooth! Campy setup is almost zero maintenance. Shifting is flawless. Carbon fork helps absorb roadshock. Ahhh...and not to forget, the cult appeal of a celeste bianchi :)

Weaknesses:    the weight. Switched from a all carbon Marin 2007 roadbike (list around 3k). I'm a light rider (130 lbs) and the wight would be crippling for the hilly terrain I used to ride in. Similarly, acceleration is notably harder.

Bottom Line:
I thank my lucky stars each time I ride to work on this bike. I found the bike, unused, in the a vacation home I rented and persuaded the owner to let me have it for a token price.

Favorite Ride:   bianchi veloce 2000 (celeste)

Purchased At:   from individual

Bike Setup:   All original except saddle. I swapped the saddle out for a selle italia.
Seatpost thomson
all campagnoli

Submitted by John a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: May 22, 2003

Strengths:    Smooth shifting....campy veloce group is really nice.....blows away shimano 105 stuff.

Weaknesses:    5-click front derailer takes a little getting used to.

Bottom Line:
Great bike. Solid, fast, tight, smooth....what more can i say?

Favorite Ride:   Connecticut hills

Purchased At:   Amity Bikes

Bike Setup:   Almost completely stock......swapped out Look road pedals for spd's.

Submitted by Rockitman8 a Recreational Rider from Madison, Al.

Date Reviewed: December 5, 2001

Strengths:    Smooth shifter. Great climber

Weaknesses:    Front derailleur. Seat..which seems to be more of a personal kind of thing.

Bottom Line:
I just started road riding this year, so I dont have alot to base this review on. Its a very smooth bike compared to my old Trek,but not as smooth as some of the new carbon frame bikes I tested. It's a great climber and since I have the triple, there isnt anything I cant climb. The shifting is great, very smooth. I also had trouble with the front derailleur, not wanting to shift within the full range. For the money, you cant beat it, but everyone says that about their bike.

Purchased At:   from individual

Similar Products Used:   Anceint Trek. Cannondale R4000

Bike Setup:   Stock except for the seat.

Submitted by ridemonkey.com a Road Racer from Boulder

Date Reviewed: August 2, 2001

Strengths:    Bomber tough. I have ridden this bike in snow, torrential rain, on gravel roads and over huge Colorado mountain passes. I do so little to maintain it and it keeps on going. The Campy Veloce parts were a great surprise. I can't believe how durable they are in this price range!

Weaknesses:    A bit on the heavy side

Bottom Line:
I love this bike. I go out and do local training rides with the CAT 1's and 2's and this bike does the job.

Favorite Ride:   Peak to Peak hwy

Purchased At:   Hutches Bend Oregon

Similar Products Used:   Eddy Merckx, Specialized

Bike Setup:   stock

Submitted by Kenneth Chapman a Road Racer from Virginia Beach, Va

Date Reviewed: June 23, 2001

Strengths:    Steel frame holds up well while riding on cobble stones overseas. The Veloce has a fast smooth ride. Was able to keep up with riders in France, Italy and Spain during my recent Naval Deployment. The Steel frame held up well after taking two serious spills (I wish my ankle had held up that well).

Weaknesses:    None found

Bottom Line:
I would recommed this bike to anyone who has made up there mind on purchasing a quality road bike.

Favorite Ride:   Bianchi Veloce