Gary Fisher Capitola 2002 Cruiser Bike

Submitted by Candie a Recreational Rider from Chicago, IL

Date Reviewed: July 9, 2003

Strengths:    Stock Semi Hybrid tires work well for city streets and limestone paths. Its a cheap work horse. Cheap, Cute, Comfy seat

Weaknesses:    Slow response. Heavy. But what do you want for $300?

Bottom Line:
I needed a cheap bike to run errands with in the city, so I got this one. I have really been pleased with it, for what I paid. The components have stood up to some ragged conditions in the city (Falling off sudden drops, dirt, road crap etc) I even took the bike this last weekend on a 20 mile limestone/gravel path (mtn bike was in the shop)and it held its own. Its not the most responsive ride, but enough to make sure I dont get hit by a car. So, if you need a cheap casual ride, this bike is great. I like the big shock absorbing seat for comfort. I even bought one for my mother!

Favorite Ride:   Ones without cars

Purchased At:   Wheel Experience

Similar Products Used:   Nothing similar, but I do have a high end Gary Fisher genesister mtn bike. I like the brand well enough. I am pretty rough on bikes (who isn't, right?)

Bike Setup:   All stock except for the huge grocery basket on the back, red blinking lights, and a rear view mirror. It's a lean, mean errand running machine.