Trek Navigator 100 2002 Cruiser Bike

4.86/5 (7 Reviews)

Submitted by C. Murray a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: February 9, 2010

Strengths:    Rider body position is up so you can see down the road without a strain on your neck or back. Seat is wide enough to be comfortable. Easy to shift.

Weaknesses:    Rubber boots on the front fork shocks are split and ready to fall off.

Bottom Line:
Comfortable to ride and reasonably priced. Easy to shift and seems to be holding up overall.

Purchased At:   Fort Wayne, IN

Submitted by Damon a Triathlete

Date Reviewed: July 10, 2009

Strengths:    very well pu togewther

Bottom Line:
I love the bike although i have a had a few problems but the were easy to fix and chep to do so it nothing major. Other that that i love the bike and it is extremly comfortable and i will be using for the MS 150 cityto shor bike ride in october anybody please feel free to donate at this link http://main.nationalmssociety.org/site/TR?pg=team&fr_id=10329&team_id=169109

just click donate to damon

Favorite Ride:   Country Roads

Purchased At:   spokes bike shop

Submitted by JJH a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: July 8, 2008

Strengths:    -Light weight for it's class/price range
-Very good granny gear allows you to climb any hill
-Shifts smoothly
-Front shocks and shock on seat post provide a great ride
-Tires are great for on and (most) off road
-Our bikes have required basically ZERO maintenance

Bottom Line:
My wife and I bought a pair of Navigator 100's. We both love our bikes. I am 6'3" and this bike is by far the most comfortable that I looked into purchasing (I got the largest frame option). It works extremely well on bike paths and country roads. After a long ride you can rest assured that your legs will be the only thing sore!

Favorite Ride:   Bike paths and Country roads

Similar Products Used:   Schwinn

Bike Setup:   -Largest frame available
-Aftermarket gel seat
-Aftermarket handlebars

Submitted by JimTheStoneMaker a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: August 26, 2007

Strengths:    Comfortable riding position. Good looking paint. Easy to shift. Stay's tuned. Comes with nice on/off road tires.

Weaknesses:    none

Bottom Line:
I purchased this bike to replace my mountain bike. I love the cruiser style and yet still can ride off road. I ordered the bike with the largest frame posible and it fits me well. I am 6'4 230lbs.

Favorite Ride:   1970 Chevrolet Camaro

Purchased At:   Al's Bicycles, Oklah

Bike Setup:   stock

Submitted by TullyAhanu a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: August 19, 2004

Strengths:    Rides well and feels solid, even on gravel. Shifts easily. Granny gear will let you ride up almost any hill.

Weaknesses:    Woman's frame doesn't have enough space for a water bottle. Woman's frame requires an adapter to mount on vehicle's bicycle rack.

Bottom Line:
Trek's Navigator 100 has given me new motivation to ride. I had trouble with my hands, wrist, back, and tusch with my mountain bike. With my Trek, I'm enjoying the scenery more, and I feel great!