Trek Navigator 200 2002 Cruiser Bike

4.62/5 (13 Reviews)

Submitted by Minnesota Rider

Date Reviewed: October 18, 2012

Strengths:    Front tire easy release feature

Weaknesses:    Can not find any

Bottom Line:
I was given the Trek Navigator 200 Cruiser several years ago for Christmas. We live in the country and I use my bike on tar and gravel, and I have taken it on camping and biking trips. It has been and continues to be a great bike for my needs. I choose to upgrade to a larger seat, and I have never regreted that decision.This bike gives me a smooth and comfortable ride on all surfaces. The shifting option on the handle feature allows an easy one hand transition while riding. This bike was reasonably priced for me, and I feel that I got a wonderful value for my money. I have had many hours of enjoyment with my bike, and have never needed to have any repairs done to it.

Submitted by John stoltzfus

Date Reviewed: April 17, 2012

Strengths:    This is good for on and off road purposes. Now it's not a mountain bike so I don't take advantage of the "off road" functionality. I mainly just use it on crushed rocks, soft dirt paths, and ocasIonally unpaved rail-trails.

Weaknesses:    Well, for me, there really are no weaknesses. I had to true the wheels every once in a while but that's nothing.

Bottom Line:
Overall, this is a awesome bike. I use this much and it must have about 100 miles on it. Very good bike

Submitted by jennifer a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: January 1, 2012

Strengths:    durable and affordable

Weaknesses:    none

Bottom Line:
This is a great bike, I've had others in the 5K range and this by far takes little maintenance and for the price it is a great ride. I average 10-15 miles a ride.
I now have it indoors ona bell stand I paid 75.00 for and it makes very little noise.

Favorite Ride:   through the forest in elk river mn

Similar Products Used:   trek racer, Kampo bike, custom bike

Bike Setup:   easy

Submitted by J.J. Abella a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: September 3, 2011

Strengths:    This bike can handle on or off road riding especially in emergency situations when riding on pavement and cars come too close for comfort. I just take it of the road and keep riding.

Weaknesses:    The only item I have trouble with is mounting a rear view mirror on the handle bar. Can't find one or am not able to mount one because of my shifter locations.

Bottom Line:
I live on the North Shore of Maui and the area where I live provides the best rides for me as far as short riding sessions are concerned. This entails a lot of up and down hill riding. Enough for an hour of riding work out.

Favorite Ride:   Short and long hills.

Purchased At:   From a friend in my

Similar Products Used:   None

Bike Setup:   My bike has forward and rear safety lights. Bike pump. Tool pouch under seat. Also holds ID and medical card. A cellphone pouch. Water bottle holder. Helmet and safety glasses that I wear.

Submitted by bob741235 a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: November 28, 2010

Strengths:    Light weight. Quick release seat and front wheel. And little maitnance.

Bottom Line:
This was and still is a good bike. I put over 300miles in the first summer I had it. Great for short rides or long distince. But after 11 years decided to move up to Trek 7100. Hopefully not a bad choice.

Favorite Ride:   Trek Navigator

Purchased At:   Eddy's solon, OH

Bike Setup:   Stiff front susspension.