Jamis Coda 2002 Hybrid Bike

4.67/5 (6 Reviews)

Submitted by Nebikard a Commuter

Date Reviewed: March 14, 2009

Strengths:    Well built, light, great road bike

Weaknesses:    Wheels were not well built, but I put better rims on it and now it's all good.

Bottom Line:
I bought this used Jamis Coda about two years ago after my previous bike was stolen. Since then, I've ridden this thing hard and it still performs well for me after all this time. The components were great and it has been a high quality bike. I'm glad that I bought it.

Favorite Ride:   Jamis Coda

Purchased At:   Angle Lake Cycles

Similar Products Used:   I've used Novara bikes and had a K2 among others. Cannondale road bikes have passed through my hands from time to time.

Bike Setup:   Everything Shimano right now.

Submitted by meyerlofgren a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: September 21, 2004

Strengths:    Butter smooth ride, excellent components, rock solid.

Weaknesses:    None so far.

Bottom Line:
I love this bike. Pro Cyclery took a stock 2004 Jamis Coda speed bike, and switched out the handlebars to drop bars, I also changed the pedals to eggbeaters, I now have a great cyclocross bike that I can confidently take in the dirt, and it keeps up with road bikes, all for $1000 and with better components than had I bought a cyclocross model.

Favorite Ride:   Red Rocks

Purchased At:   Pro Cyclery

Similar Products Used:   None

Bike Setup:   Swithed out handlebars to drop bars, changed pedals to eggbeaters, everything else stayed the same.

Submitted by Nando26 a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: December 8, 2003

Strengths:    Frame is the best part of this bike, along with it's weight (25 lbs stock)

Weaknesses:    If your looking for speed, don't look here, unless your ready to spend on upgrades.

Bottom Line:
The rig is very sturdy. Read the bike set-up and you'll see I've made some major upgrades. At first the bike felt sluggish......until I dressed it up.
Now I stay right along-side road bikes. And they wonder why, or how it's possible.

Favorite Ride:   2002 Jamis Coda

Purchased At:   Pro Cyclery, Las Veg

Bike Setup:   I have done all major upgrades. 11x23 cog, thudbuster seatpost, 3-ring 170mm cyclone road crank, eggbeater pedals, mavic cosmos wheelset, avenir discovery 700x23 kevlar rubber, profile design riser bar, avenir barends, wtb speedV saddle, and 2 water bottle cages.

Submitted by John a Commuter from Seattle

Date Reviewed: September 1, 2003

Strengths:    Components are the highlight. Steel frame absorbs the jitters from rough city streets.

Weaknesses:    I am a large rider and was breaking spokes. I replaced the rear spokes with a stronger set of DT spokes and the problem was resolved.

Bottom Line:
Wonderful commuting bicycle. Quick, nimble, fast, sturdy.

Purchased At:   Freerange in Fremont

Bike Setup:   Stock parts except for my favorite saddle, fenders, rack and trunk bag, Niterider light.

Submitted by kustomz a Recreational Rider from KC, MO

Date Reviewed: August 23, 2002

Strengths:    Stiff and light with great components for the price.

Weaknesses:    Too much flex in the seat post with a seat that is too big and mushy for serious riding.

Bottom Line:
A great all around bike. Light and stiff enough to put down some serious miles, yet still very comfortable.

Favorite Ride:   Inner Urban

Purchased At:   Sports Extreme

Bike Setup:   Riding a 21.5" frame, using an unsuspended alloy seat post with a Giant OCR seat, Ritchie stubby bar