Raleigh USA C200 2002 Hybrid Bike

Submitted by txwalkers a Recreational Rider from Houston, TX

Date Reviewed: July 22, 2003

Strengths:    Shocks on front fork and seat. Solid, durable, and relatively fast tires. Flexibility to go anywhere. Love the grip shifters too!

Weaknesses:    Avenir saddle is a little uncomfortable, which I hear is a common complaint. I might replace. Despite keeping the bike out of rain, some of the bolts are starting to rust in the Houston humidity.

Bottom Line:
Waited until my first road ride to review this bike. Did the 30 mile Katy Flatland Course (www.northwestcyclingclub.org). I ride 10 miles 2 weekdays during the week, and 20 miles on Sundays for fitness. Because I have young kids, I wanted a general "go around the neighborhood" bike, and one I could do up to half centuries on road rides. I also wanted something sturdy to do some light off-roading. This bike exceeds my expectations on the first two goals. The only limitation on the last is the size of the frame. Since it was last year's model, I was getting a "deal", and settled for a frame that is probably slightly larger than my size. Consequently, there isn't much room if I come off the saddle on the bar. The cycle shop said it "looked" like it fit, but I think they were more eager to get the bike out the door. This bike was light years better than my old Wal-Mart Murray. It is very comfortable on my neighborhood's bumpy streets, shifts smooth, and rides fast.

Purchased At:   Planetary Cycles