Trek 7200 2002 Hybrid Bike

3.7/5 (10 Reviews)

Submitted by hikerbiker a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: April 27, 2007

Strengths:    Strength and ride. Seat suspension is delightful (especially the first run of the season!). Shifts great and stays straight. Goes off road very well.

Weaknesses:    Squeaked a bit at first, but that resolved itself. Suspension caps popped off.

Bottom Line:
Very comfortable. Put the handle bars way down to stretch out a bit. Haven't had any problems with the bike except the RTS suspension caps popped off somehow. Pulled them off my old bike and fine now. Like the color and style.

Favorite Ride:   CapeCod Rail Trail

Similar Products Used:   Trek antelope 820.

Bike Setup:   Stock with Specialized Elite computer. Handlebar extensions. Seat post travel rack.

Submitted by Manuel a Commuter

Date Reviewed: July 1, 2006

Strengths:    Front shock and shock on seat. I really appreciate the shock on the seat. Great bike for commuting, includes a bell. The best commuter designed bike, with commuters, not mountian bikers in mind.

Weaknesses:    The gears have had to be adjusted twice in a short time, but the bike shop includes free one year maintenance as the bike is breaking in.

Bottom Line:
I ride 15 miles to and from work in Los Angeles suburb. I bought the bike with everything, lites, rack and odometer and came with one year free maintenance. Great bike to flow with traffic or go on the sidewalk and then jump back and forth, from smooth streets to rocky, gravel industrial area.

Favorite Ride:   CIty

Purchased At:   Whittier Cyclery

Similar Products Used:   Schwinn Frontier

Submitted by Ivesrw a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: July 29, 2005

Strengths:    Overall quality construction, comfort, riding position (good for visibility in traffic), and gearing General well-built feeling to the bike. Durable heavy frame and thicker tires.

Weaknesses:    A couple of similar bikes purchased for family use needed to have their brakes adjusted soon after purchase, but the bike shop handled this as part of the purchase deal. 4 bikes in the family and everybody enjoys this model.

Bottom Line:
Well built fram and excellent riding position and comfort for mid-range commuting. This bike is good for town commuting and for recreational/fitness rides up to 30 miles.

Favorite Ride:   bike paths along greenways. Commute to mid-sized city downtown

Purchased At:   Trek dealer. Vancouv

Similar Products Used:   several road bikes and hybrid bikes over the past 32 years.

Bike Setup:   stock

Submitted by Jerry a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: October 9, 2003

Strengths:    Comfort, easy pedaling, 'Brands' store was terrific. Set everything up with all accessories, gave me a lesson in all aspects of the bike and put all the literature in an envelope for me to store. Very professional.

Weaknesses:    None so far.

Bottom Line:
I wanted a comfortable bike, kind of like my old 3 speed English Racer. The Mountain bikes have me leaning forward too much to be comfortable ( for me).
I look at all the current models and found this one to be the best value. It is so comfortable and I can easily ride 20 miles with ni strain or pain. I love the shocks in the seat post and front.
Gears are fine and I don't get it about the plastic pedals. They are fine, and light. I added a flexible toe clip and that was a smart move. A couple of lights for night riding and I'm very satisfied.

Favorite Ride:   To the beach and around the 'hood late at night.

Purchased At:   Brands, Wantagh L.I.

Similar Products Used:   Specialized 18 Speed Mountain Bike, Panasonic 12 speed racer, Raleigh 3 speed Eng. racer ( still have it in MINT condition ), and a Dahon folding 5 speed.. very cool little bike.

Bike Setup:   I added front ( halogen ) and rear ( led - flashing )lights, a rear rack for the weekend newspaper, a side mirror ( great for seeing who's behind you )and a little bag for my lock and some tools, a water bottle and pump. All give me comfort amd peace of mind.

Submitted by pininmefin a Recreational Rider from cape may county,N.J.

Date Reviewed: January 25, 2003

Strengths:    solid frame,Good comfort for riding. A nice medium rider and all around comuniter.

Weaknesses:    rimsa and spokes on rear needed to be rebuilt.rear shifter is a little tricky.

Bottom Line:
Good all around bike.I wouldnt recomend it for anything over a 35 mile ride.but a tuff well built frame and componets.except rims and spokes.

Favorite Ride:   touring and cruising to beach

Purchased At:   kona sports.wildwood

Similar Products Used:   mongoose dh2.4 mtb bike.

Bike Setup:   stock except replaced pedals with clips and strap.

For those of you that would like to soup up your Trek 7200

I changed out my old factory tires that were 700X 35 to 700x28 slicks and put 100lbs air in the slicks and I cannot believe the difference it made. I check my air pressure now every time before I ride and make sure it’s at 100lbs before I ride. I think the combination of the slicks and inflate ... Read More »

270 lbs. trek 7200 riding question

how strong is that bike? can i peddle it standing up without the worry of blowing out the rims?Read More »

Retro Dura Ace Cranks 7200

EDIT: NEW PROBLEM.. NEED TO TAKE OFF MATTE FINISH!! how do i do it guys?Read More »

New trek 7200 rider

I just bought a 7200 the other day (this is my first non bmx bicycle) I took it out riding today, and I got about 4 miles from my house and it started pouring. It was actually really fun riding back through rain I couldn't even see through. I'm just wondering if the bike getting really wet w ... Read More »

Purchasing a used Trek 7200 ('02) or New

My friend is selling his Trek multitrack 7200 2002 model (which he says he bout for 475) for 300$ (added drop/aero bars, brakes). Is this a good deal? Or should I just buy new, thinking OCR 3, or Trek 1000/C, Fuji. Please help!Read More »