Trek 7500 FX 2002 Hybrid Bike

4.61/5 (23 Reviews)

Submitted by mb g

Date Reviewed: October 18, 2013

Strengths:    this is just a great piece of machinery. it's relatively liight. i shifts easily, and i think it's a fast bike. only a shade less quick as a 'ten speed'. there I gave me age away! all in all it's very user friendly. i like the position of the shifters and the brake levers(very good for city commuter riding) - stopping(brakes), shifting where obstacle(autos, ect.) may come upon you in a hurry. most important are the positioning of the brake levers for quick stopping.

Weaknesses:    this is really the only minor drawback; it responds very quickly to steering moves, both at speed and slow riding, i find it a little unstable at high speeds. don't get me wrong, it's real fine but on 20% downgrades at speed, you have to pay attention. this overall is not something to worry about. great biks

Bottom Line:
overall one of the best bikes i've ever owned. light, quick, good gearing, easily climbs hills, plenty of gearing at the highest speeds. very comfortable.

Submitted by secondhand bicycles in uk-used bikes in uk

Date Reviewed: March 30, 2012

Strengths:    second hand bicycles in uk,second hand bicycles in london,secondhand bicycles in london,used bikes in london,used bikes in uk,used bicycles in london,used bicycles in uk,used bicycles in london,used bicycles in uk,second hand bicycles london.

Weaknesses:    secondhand bicycle shops london,second hand cycles in london,secondhand cycles in london
,used bikes in london,used cycles in london,used bicycles in london,used bikes in uk-http://www.stationbicycles.co.uk/index.php

Bottom Line:
Station Bicycles supply second hand bicycles through out the London area - we give bicycles a second chance! We source our bicycles from bona fide auctions & suppliers buying a mix of quality from 'as new' to 'second hand bicycles' and 'bikes for spares'. The cycles we offer are then fully serviced to work as new again. This will include stripping and servicing hubs, gears, brakes, cables, tyres and tubes. Any worn or damaged parts are replaced. Finally all bikes are thoroughly cleaned, greased and oiled.

Submitted by Ken a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: March 17, 2011

Bottom Line:
I'm submitting this review to (hopefully) offset the "1" quick rating that I inadvertently gave this bike. We just bought this bike for my daughter last night so we have not yet formed a relevant opinion, other than the bicycle enthusiast friend who helped us pick it out last night was very excited.

Submitted by Lou from Forest Hills, NYC a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: February 25, 2009

Strengths:    Beautiful frame, light weight, above average components.

Weaknesses:    Seat, pedals, and front derailleur

Bottom Line:
The 7500 FX is not a good bike, but a great bike. I use it for recreational sport riding, and city comminuting, going on over four years at present. Its comfortable upright riding position, gear ratio, beautiful frame, rims, hubs, make it a worthwhile purchase. Its weight comes in at around 27 pounds and both myself and my wife can easily carry it down a few flights of stairs. Although not a racer, this bike is very fast, so much so that it can become a bit unstable at top speed going down a steep hill. Now as far as components go, change the stock seat, change the pedals, and think about installing a Shimano LX front derailleur, have never had any problems with my rear DEORE. I brought mine with the front being a Nexave (whatever that is) which in a word -SUCKS. So for $25. - $30. bucks get yourself the LX and be happy and content as you blow the doors off your fellow riders. JUST DO IT !

Favorite Ride:   Trek 7500 FX

Purchased At:   P.M. Bicycles-Rego P

Similar Products Used:   former bikes include old Atala racer, and Trek 4900 mountain bike.

Bike Setup:   Stock except for above recommendations..have XT on front.

Submitted by Musicisme a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: October 5, 2008

Strengths:    I went for a 15 mile (round trip)trail ride yesterday to break it and me in. I don't know much about bikes and bike components-only how it feels. This bike feels smooth, easy to balance, change gears, pedal etc. Not as jarring (for lack of a better word) as some other bikes I've ridden. Light weight which is the main reason I was looking at a 7.9 fx. Great overall feel when riding or just putting it on the bike rack.

Weaknesses:    Don't know yet

Bottom Line:
My wife and I were looking to upgrade our bikes since we discovered Rail Trails this summer. I got hung up on the Trek 7.9 for speed and weight. The sales asked what kind of riding we did. The 7.9 was overkill. We're never in a hurry. We like to enjoy the senery. I went back to the PC to search a little more and than bought the 2009 Trek 7500. My wife bought a trek 7300 step thru and then we join the "Rail to Trails Conservacy"

Favorite Ride:   All Rail Trails