Trek 7500 2002 Hybrid Bike

3.33/5 (3 Reviews)

Submitted by rettalp a Commuter

Date Reviewed: August 10, 2006

Strengths:    Versatility and value. Fast for a hybrid. Also a very good climber.

Weaknesses:    Could have better components, but you get what you pay for.

Bottom Line:
I have used this bike to commute back and forth to work for the past 2 years. And also use for long weekend rides. I haven't had any mechanical problems and the bike has been very versitile. I did change the handle bar and seat post and also added SPD peddels and handlebar extensions. Overall it's been a great bike.

Favorite Ride:   Morning Glory Ride

Purchased At:   Montgomery Cyclery

Bike Setup:   Stock w/ the exception of the peddels, handle bar, seat post and also added a topeak rear rack for commuting.

Submitted by Jeffrey a Commuter

Date Reviewed: December 15, 2003

Strengths:    It's easy to accelerate from a stop to a quick speed on this bike.

It looks pretty.

Weaknesses:    It's hard to mount things on the handlebars because there is not enough room. Also, see summary above. Also, Very difficult to mount a speedometer.

Bottom Line:
When this bike works it works well, but I have had many things go wrong with it in my first year of owning it. Here is what has gone wrong:
1. Broken brake cable
2. The handlebar grips melted and became very sticky after being parked in the sun
3. The seat is loose, and the mechanics tell me the only way to fix it is to replace it
4. The tire split, causing it to pinch my tube and resulted in three flat tires before the mechanics figured out what was causing it.
5. If you get it wet, it squeaks, so you need to lubricate it after every time you get caught in the rain
6. The gear indicators are flourescent orange, but they faded after the first week of being parked in the sun
7. The shocks don't work when the bike is really cold. It rides hard below 32 degrees.

Favorite Ride:   Cherry Creek Bike Path.

Purchased At:   Turin Bikes

Bike Setup:   I have a rack and fenders. The mechanics put them on, and they fit fine.

Submitted by RickB a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: September 29, 2002

Strengths:    Bontrager wheels are light and strong. The 700c x 38 tires are fast and good for just about condition

Weaknesses:    Heavy, the pedal clips are not for trails.

Bottom Line:
Great bike for almost all conditions except difficult off road single track. It moves like a road bike with a upright riding position. I have used this on city group rides and enjoyed a fast comfortable pace.

Favorite Ride:   Fox River Path