BikeE E2 2002 Recumbent Bike

Submitted by BentJay a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: March 17, 2002

Strengths:    Solid, overbuilt frame and wheels. Very low maintainence. Drivetrain shifts very easily and smoothly, even under load. Brakes are superb Avid discs. Very comfortable seats and position...it's easy to dial in this bike for various captains/stokers. This bike is FUN!
Oh yes, via IMing, you have instant access to someone at Bikee for any related questions. Great service and backing of their product.

Weaknesses:    Does not have the cache of recumbent tandems that cost twice as much. (LOL all the way to the bank...) Some people disparage the steering. I find it "different" but, very easy and comfortable. Would it be different w/ a heavy stoker? I don't know; my stokers are lightweights! Definitely not a speed demon though with the granny gears you can crawl up any hill. The new seat clamps don't allow as easy sliding of the Sweet Seats as the old clamps (but, they're safer.)

Bottom Line:
For 2002 Bikee addressed all of the concerns expressed in the RCN review of the 01 edition. The front wheel now has 32 spokes, the rear wheel has a nine speed cluster, the front handlebars are the curved RX model on a (straight)top-loading stem and the front wheel stand is now included. The big improvement is the front/rear Avid mechanical disc brakeset. These brakes are superb compared to the SRAM V-brakes they replace. We are experienced wedgie tandem riders; the Bikee is smooth like "butah" in comparison with our Burley and Schwinn Paramount tandems.

Favorite Ride:   Chagrin River Road

Price Paid:    $2000.00

Purchased At:   Recumbent Bikeriders

Similar Products Used:   I ride a Bikee xl RX. (See my review) I'm a true believer, I suppose...If you want the highest speed, this bike may not be for you but, if you're looking for fast, reliable, comfortable fun for two

Bike Setup:   I use Bebop pedals up front. To accomodate various stokers, the rear is set up with Wellgo rattraps

2011 Madone E2 Headset

Got a new Madone frame to replace my 2008. The headset from my 08 won't fit the new one. The new one is an E2. Can someone point me to a link or something so I can order a new one?Read More »