Abici Bikes Vader w/Dura Ace 2002 Road Bike

The Abici Vader. Pure Power, Speed and Elegance. Columbus Altec + Triple Butted Lightweight Alloy tubing main triangle combined with Abici Carbon Damping System to provide an unworldly cycling experience.

• Elegant , Stylish, Lightweight, Durable
  • Hand Made, Custom Painted, Tour de France Pedigree
  • Integrated Sculpted Headtube
  • Abici Carbon Integrated Fork
  • Columbus Altec 2+ Triple Butted Tubing-Custom Shaped
  • Abici Carbon Damping System(ACDS) Seatstays for a Plush Ride
  • ACDS Chainstays -Super Smooth!
  • Forged Dropouts with Replaceable Hanger
  • 2.7 Lbs in size medium(55)

Abici Vader with Dura Ace includes full Dura Ace kit, 3t Prima Bars, 3T Zepp stem, Flight Gel Saddle, Thompson Seatpost, Cinelli Cork Tape, Vredestein Tires, Velomax Circuit Comp Wheels, All The Best!

• Review Options:  Sorted by Latest Review | Sort by Best Rating

Submitted by Joe Niezgoda (Niezgodafitness.com) a Road Racer

Date Reviewed: November 29, 2009

Strengths:    Fast, Light, Stable, Smooth, Unique, climbs like a studd.

Weaknesses:    After about 20,000 miles frame flex became noticeable.

Bottom Line:
    Kick Butt Bike. It's the best mixed material frame I've ever see, or built. Too bad they went out of business. I purchased a raw, unpainted frame, that was left over from the factory. I painted it Nissan Puter and got compliments on the bike all the time. I let a friend try it once and he said it was the best bike he ever tried. I've ben on near 100 different bike and the only Bike that I like better is my 2008 Scott Addict with a fully custom set up.

Favorite Ride:   Any monster climbs

Purchased At:   Ebay

Similar Products Used:   Scott Addict LTD, Scott Addict R2

Bike Setup:   I had a 9 speed Dura Ace group, with Reynolds DV Stratus wheels (tubies).

Submitted by bushido5 a Road Racer from Moorpark, CA, USA

Date Reviewed: November 11, 2002

Strengths:    Smooth, Smooth, Smooth. Handles like a dream. Accelerates and climbs. Quick and responsive. Great on descents.

Weaknesses:    Frame pump does not fit (med frame)

Bottom Line:
    I thought I was happy with my Cannondale until I tried a friends Abici XLR8R. The Abici was so smooth and handled flawlessly. It felt very light and was quick and responsive.

I did some research and ordered the Abici Vader(carbon seat and chain stays). The prices at Abicibikes.com was so good, I ordered it with the Dura Ace group and Bontrager wheels.

I knew I had made a good choice in the first couple of minutes on my first ride. It was even smoother than the XLR8R (carbon seat stays) that I test rode. I have a low back injury and found I was able to ride longer and harder on the Abici, I think because it is so smooth and absorbs alot of the vibrations that I used to feel on the Cannondale. The Abici also climbs better and is quicker sprinting. Descending is awesome. 50+ mph and the Abici feels like a dream.

So far I have about 5000 miles on it. It is a great performing bike tht is also very comfortable to ride even after 5 hours in the saddle. The only problem I have is that my frame pump does not fit under the top tube because of the compact geometry. Thats ok, I just switched to Co2.

The Abici has instantly improved my riding abilities. I would recommend it to anyone who wants a smooth, quick and responsive great performing race bike.

Purchased At:   abicibikes.com

Similar Products Used:   Cannondale, Specialized

Bike Setup:   Dura-Ace, Speedplay pedals, 3T stem, Prima bars, Thompson sat post, Bontrager wheels, Pro Race tires, SLR saddle.

Submitted by Bert Glennon a Road Racer from Simi VAlley, CA.

Date Reviewed: October 7, 2002

Strengths:    Monster acceleration.
    Exceptional handling.
    Stable at high speeds.
    Light and compact frame design.
    Very responsive frame geometry.

Weaknesses:    Hard to mount a frame pump for training purposes.

Bottom Line:
    I used an Abici Starship frame set last year and was greatly impressed with the ride and performance. It was by far the best riding aluminum bicycle I had ridden yet.
    Abici recently enhanced their frames by adding carbon fiber to the upper rear triangle on the XLR8 and also the chain stays on the Vader.

I recently purchased a new Vader from Abici and the improvement in the ride is amazing.
    This model by far out performed the other bikes I have and is very respectively priced in the production bike range. It is the most responsive machine I have ridden and yet is an amazing comfortable ride.

Favorite Ride:   Abici Vader

Purchased At:   www.abicibikes.com

Similar Products Used:   I have used ridden the production bikes used by the local professional teams Mercury and Saturn which is the Lemond Brand, Bianchi's EV2, Calfee carbon fiber bicycle.