Aegis Aro Svelte - Race Stock 2002 Road Bike

Submitted by km53jinx a Recreational Rider from Yerington, NV

Date Reviewed: February 22, 2003

Strengths:    Climbing, acceleration, and sheer fun to ride. Look no further. Great finish of paint. Mine has no decals (ordered special) and is Lupine color. This carbon frame is built for the lighter weight rider (frame is weight limited).

Weaknesses:    For the type of riding I do, I find no faults with this bike frame from Aegis. I am certain anyone would be impressed with the ride quality.

Bottom Line:
This is the 4th Aero Svelte I have had and first Race Stock buildup. At 12 1/2 pounds, it is the lightest and best riding outfit I have owned of approx. 30 bikes over the years. I ride approx. 12,000 miles per year. Mostly level to low rolling hills. This is the best climbing ride I have had and smoothest to rid the ride of vibrations. I will never be without this bike again though it might be a different one. Patty at Cyclesport in North Platte, Nebraska is the best to deal with also and I recommend doing business there any way you can. Paint and finish on the Aegis is very good and I cannot fault it any way. I love this bike.

Favorite Ride:   Aegis Aero Svelte Race Stock

Purchased At:   CycleSport, North Pl

Similar Products Used:   Calfee Designs Dragonfly Pro, Merlin Extralight, Trek 5900 Project One

Bike Setup:   Campy Record, FSA Pro Team Issue Carbon cranks, Mavic Ksyrium SSC/SL wheelset, Michelin Pro Race tires, 3T Zepp stem, 3T Prima 199 bars, Look Ergopost seatpost, Fizik Aliante saddle, Profile Design bottle cages, Profile Design bar tape, Sigma BC1400 computer