Airborne Wasp 2002 Road Bike

MSRP : $2019.00

Designed specifically for women, Airborne's design incorporates unique features such as a 650c front wheel and curved top tubes to maximize stand over height, fit, and gender specific comfort. The W.A.S.P. uses our proprietary cold-worked 3AL/2.5V seamless titanium. (Two sizes available in High Lust Polish: 45 and 49cm)

Submitted by James Jordan a Recreational Rider from Green Valley, AZ

Date Reviewed: August 7, 2002

Strengths:    The quality of the frame is great, the welds are first rate and the graphics are very attractive. The ride is very smooth, better than the steel bike she has been riding for 20 years.

Weaknesses:    The frame should have a braze on front derailleur tab as the front derailleur clamp ends up under the rear watter bottle cage.

Bottom Line:
I bought the 45cm WASP frame and Profile BSC fork from for my 5ft 1in wife and built the bike up myself. I was most interested in fit and it fits her perfectly and would work also for people under 5ft tall and even a little taller than my wife.

Purchased At:

Bike Setup:   I built the bike with Campagnolo Record 10 speed triple. A note of warning, the Record front triple