Bianchi Brava 2002 Road Bike

Submitted by rebecca a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: January 3, 2007

Strengths:    Tires of kryptonite--in 3 years, I only had one flat!

Weaknesses:    Bottom of the line components
Heavy

Bottom Line:
This was my first road bike and I bought it not knowing anything about bikes. It has been a good little bike, can't say that I've had many major problems. It's far from the smoothest ride, but you get what you pay for. I'd definitely recommend this bike to anyone who is just testing the waters and not sure if they're going to become a serious rider, but if you know you will be spending a lot of time on the bike, set your sights higher.

Favorite Ride:   Dripping Springs

Purchased At:   Discovery Cycle

Submitted by the beef a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: April 7, 2006

Strengths:    Ride quality
Shifting (extremely fluid)
Traditional geometry
Carbon fork

Weaknesses:    A little heavy
Rims could be better

Bottom Line:
This is a review for the 2005 model of the Bianchi Brava. Basically, this bicycle is an amazing value with great performance and a very quiet and smooth ride. I've been on this bike for about three months now, logging a few hundred miles, and I couldn't be happier. The frame is constructed from cro-moly steel; along with the carbon fiber fork it's very comfortable and extremely strong. The whole bike weighs in at around 23.5 pounds, a little on the heavy side for me.

Other than the frame, the Brava features Alex DA22 rims, Sora shifters/derailleurs/brakes, and a Bianchi in-house saddle. The rims might've been the weakest link to this bike - they were a little heavy and not particularly aerodynamic. I took a minor spill and knocked the front wheel out of true and bent the back rim altogether, so I ended up buying a new set of light rims (Bontrager Select) and am really happy with those.

As for the rest of the parts: I've seen the Sora components take a lot of flak from other reviewers. However, they've been very good in my experience. I constantly adjust and maintain my derailleurs and as a result the shifting is near perfect and extremely smooth, both front and back. The brakes work extremely well also. Overall, Sora is very durable and inexpensive, though not as lightweight as some upper level components (105, Ultegra).

The greatest strength of the Brava lies in its fantastic ride. After testing other aluminum bikes (Giant OCR3, Specialized Allez, etc) I took one ride on the Bianchi and was hooked - the bumps are soaked up by the cro-moly frame and there is a general smoothness and effortless feel to the acceleration which is really wonderful. I finished my first test ride with a big smile on my face, and every ride since has been the same.

Overall, it's a great bicycle - if only everybody's first road bike could be this good. I definitely have no regrets about picking this bike.

Favorite Ride:   Lake Sammamish Loop, WA

Bianchi Seatpost
Bianchi Stem/Headset

Submitted by tjdrye4300 a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: December 22, 2005

Strengths:    Strong. Good paint quality. Decent value.

Weaknesses:    Sora is a crap group. Bianchi can't build a frame that fits anyone I know. They're pretty much a department store bike.

Bottom Line:
I reviewed this product previously here is an update after riding for a few years and gaining some experience: This is an OK bike. They (Bianchi) don't fit anyone I know really well. I liked this bike but if your looking to spend some money on a road bike trust me spend a little extra. You'll be selling this one in a couple years. Entry level? Heck yeah.. that's all I can honestly say about this one.

Favorite Ride:   Hills

Purchased At:   Holmes Cycle and Fit

Similar Products Used:   Huffy?

Bike Setup:   Sora all around.

Submitted by rodney a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: August 10, 2004

Strengths:    Soft ride even when my tires are have max air pressure. Precise shifting. No flats so far.

Weaknesses:    Heavier material

Bottom Line:
Solid bike. Quiet even when cranking it (other more expensive bikes I've tried creak). I had a Specialized Langster (aluminum) which punished me. I can ride the Brava (steel) all day long--it's a pleasure to ride.

Favorite Ride:   all

Purchased At:   lbs

Similar Products Used:   Felt F1, Cannondale R700, Gian TCR

Bike Setup:   all stock

Submitted by Tom Drye a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: November 27, 2003

Strengths:    Price, value, handling, looks, Bianchi legend. I keep up with the B+ riders on this thing!! Go spend $5,000.00 on a bike, I'll pass you on my steel Bianchi Brava ANYDAY!!

Weaknesses:    Sora components have a little to be desired. Not bad, but clunky. I'll be upgrading them before next summer. I really don't care for the shifter/brake levers.

Bottom Line:
When i was looking to by a road bike last summer I looked at several road bikes in my price range: Giant, Specialized,Jamis,Raliegh. NONE of these bikes even came close to this bike in feel, ease of handling, and over all quality and value for my consumer dollar.

Purchased At:   Holmes Cycle and Fit

Bike Setup:   58cm

2012 Bianchi Brava 2300

[ATTACH=CONFIG]281660[/ATTACH] I currently have put some $$$ down on this bike, i rode it seems to be a nice fit but I cant really find any real info online. (review wise) Just wondering if anybody knows someone that has this bike or has had this bike and what your impressions are. This will be my f ... Read More »

1987 Bianchi Brava

[FONT=arial][SIZE=2]Looking at a 1987 Bianchi Brava, great condition it appears and just recently [/SIZE][/FONT][COLOR=#444444][FONT=Calibri][FONT=arial][SIZE=2]Re-built last year - many new components inc. cables and cable housing, cassette, brake pads, bottom bracket, tubes and tires. Not sure ... Read More »

Bianchi brava 2006 build

[INDENT]Hello. Just registered a couple of minutes ago. I initially joined to ask this community if they knew the exact bottom bracket measurement for a bianchi brava 2006. I was assuming its 1.37x24 68mm. Can someone validate that? [/INDENT] Also I just have the frame and I'm trying to make it vi ... Read More »

Bianchi Brava 2006

Hello. Just registered a couple of minutes ago. I initially joined to ask this community if they knew the exact bottom bracket measurement for a bianchi brava 2006. I was assuming its 1.37x24 68mm. Can someone validate that? Also I just have the frame and I'm trying to make it vintage looking with ... Read More »

brava Front Derailleur Clamp diameter

Just picked a 2001 Bianchi Brava, I am going to install a Campg Chorus 11sped front derailleur. Does anyone what clamp diameter I should order? The seat-tube accepts 26.8 seatpost. Thanks.Read More »