Seven Cycles Axiom 2002 Road Bike

Bicycling magazines have called the Axiom "the best bike I’ve ever ridden," and a "two-wheeled work of art." Available in custom geometry or in 24 stock sizes ranging from 44 to 67 cm, the Axiom is fabricated from our own proprietary butted 3-2.5 Argen™ titanium tube set. Artfully curved seat stays and oversized chain stays work together to impart a lively yet comfortable ride balanced by the stiffest drivetrain in the industry. The result is a thoroughbred that literally hundreds of customers have told us is the best bike they have ever ridden.

Submitted by montaltoj a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: November 17, 2010

Strengths:    Bike is responsive and comfortable to ride. It is strong and has survived some falls and recently an encounter with a car.

Weaknesses:    No weaknesses to speak of. The bike is costly but if you put in a lot of road miles it is worth it.

Bottom Line:
Purchased the Axiom SL in March of 2002. Originally set up with Campy record and Rolf Sestriere wheels, Wound up fork. Currently have over 52000 miles, and ride 800+miles a month on this bike. Have ridden several 100 mile rides on it. It was custom fitted to my specifcations that, obviously, worked out very well. Have had the bike refurbished 2X and it looks factory new after that process.

Favorite Ride:   Century rides

Purchased At:   Sonne's Bike and Ski

Similar Products Used:   Prior to Seven I had a Trek 2120. That bike pointed out the need for a custom bike.

Bike Setup:   Mix of record and Chorus components.Do use KMC chain. Use both Mavic SL and Campy Eurus wheelsets, 3T carbon handlebar, FSA carbon stem, 7 carbon fork and seatpost. DT is 12-25 triple.

Submitted by nbtom a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: February 8, 2005

Strengths:    Gorgeous, silky smooth, comforatble and responsive. Makes me want to ride.

Weaknesses:    Expensive but well worth it.

Bottom Line:
Here's the deal: I'm an old overweight guy who discovers he is diabetic. First step lose weight and get the diabetes under control. I do this (70 pounds worth) and decide to reward myself with a new bike. Talking to my LBS about getting a real road bike to replace my aged roadified hybrid Cannodale. First words out of their mouths is "Seven. You need a Seven"

I looked around, checked it out and said "It's the last bike I'll ever buy. Time to treat myself to a good one." Am I glad I did.

So I bought a ti Seven Axiom. I went through the fitting process and sent the specs off. Instead of doing the interview over the phone, I paid a visit to the factory which happens to be less than an hour from me. They showed around and introduced me tp the people who would be building my bike. Very nice people who seem to care a lot about the bikes they produce.

A month or so later, my bike was ready for me. Aftger riding it for about a year, my hope is that someday the rider will be good enough to make the bike approach it's limits. This hasn't happened yet.

Responsiveness: It want to go. When I start to push and accelerate, it springs ahead like it waiting for this. My co-star tried it and remarked "It won't go slow".

Ride: Silky smooth. I ride RAGBRAI and finish each day with a smile on my face. I find myself smiling a lot on this bike.

Fit and finish: It went with me on a 10 day business trip to Orlando. There was a Harley convention at our hotel. The bike got several "beautiful bike" comments. Folks wanted to know more about it. It's gorgeous.

Would I do it again? Yes. Knowing what I know now, I'd do it in a second.

I find that I now make excuses to ride instead of excuses to not ride. What more can I ask of any bike?

WOuld I get the same result with other high-end bikes? Don't know but that I get that result with this one is enough for me.

Favorite Ride:   My current one

Purchased At:   Landry's

Submitted by DomD a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: November 25, 2004

Strengths:    Fast, agile and incredibly comfortable.

Weaknesses:    None so far

Bottom Line:
This is the Bentley Continental GT of road bikes!

Favorite Ride:   Anything hilly

Purchased At:   Sigma Sport

Similar Products Used:   Condor Barrachi EM2
Klein Quantum Race

Bike Setup:   Axiom ti, Seven wound up fork, Dura Ace 10v, Seven finishing kit, Open Pro ceramic with Chris King hubs, Chris King headset, Fizik Arione saddle

Submitted by JSiart a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: October 13, 2004

Strengths:    The bike instantly accelerates, the ride is buttery smooth and the handling is quick and agile. With the custom fit I'm always comfortable. PERFECT!!!

Weaknesses:    I have 1,500 miles so far and have not found anything to be unhappy with.

Bottom Line:
I'm 6'2" 220lb, and ride in century's and fast training rides. I wanted a new bike to replace my Allez that was too small and soft. Most bikes on the market did not offer all the characteristics I was looking for, so that led me to consider a custom frame. I have always been impressed with the look of Seven frames. I talked with many Seven owners and did not find anyone who felt unhappy with their bike or that they should of gone with another bike. Roadbike review included.

Favorite Ride:   El Tour de Tucson

Purchased At:   Sabino Cycle

Similar Products Used:   1985 Specialized Allez Steel Lugged Frame with Dura-Ace 9 Speed, Mavic Open Pro Wheels, Fizik Aliante Saddle

Bike Setup:   2004 Seven Ti Axiom, Dura-Ace 10 speed, Dura-Ace Wheels, Fizik Aliante Saddle, Salsa Shallow and Low Handlebars.

Submitted by dctrofspin a Road Racer from Washington DC

Date Reviewed: February 16, 2004

Strengths:    Once you've gone custom, you can't go back -- the fit is amazing.
Gorgeous Ti polished finish.
Perfect welds.
Stiff, yet highly comfortable.
The Seven buying experience.
The feeling that you and the bike are one.

Weaknesses:    Not the lightest bike at this price for sure, but nothing I've seen does so many things so well.

Bottom Line:
Having spent the past year on a Cannondale CAAD5 aluminum frame, I decided to start the hunt for a bike that could deliver the raw stiffness of the C'dale without the harshness that aluminum tends to have. I wanted the ability to run a crit, but yet be able to do a double-century in realtive comfort. I looked at Lemond steel/carbon, Giant TCR, Colnago C-40 and a few others. In the end, the only way was custom based on what I wanted.

The process of buying the Seven was as tremendous fun -- they listen to everything you say, ask the questions you never thought of, and then deliver the recommendation. I was good to go on the first sitting on the fit cycle with the premliminary specs. From there I got to follow the progress of the frame on line, which was great. In the end, Seven delivered the frame right on the schedule they promised...about four weeks start to finish.

As for the ride...it's like a marathon runner finding out he's been using two left shoes for all these years. From the first turn of the Dura-Ace 10-speed crank, I knew it was all worthwhile. The Ti frame just sucks up the bumps...SO smooth. The fit is amazing, the stiffness delightful, I never thought that it could be this good.

Listen to me...no really, listen closely....GO BUT THIS FRAME! You won't go wrong. It's worth the dough...sure, with the full set-up it cost as much as a Korean car, but hey, it's worth it!

Favorite Ride:   Uphill