Tommaso Capri 2002 Road Bike

4.5/5 (4 Reviews)

Submitted by sperry52 a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: March 10, 2009

Strengths:    It was a good bike for my entry level into road biking, it held up well.

Weaknesses:    The newer bikes are a little lighter with carbon forks.

Bottom Line:
Purchased this bike through private owner, who was no longer riding it. Replaced the bottom bracket and handle bars. I've put about 2000 miles on the bike in three years. It was the first bike I had rode in a century ride. It has the original alluminum frame and chromaly fork. Sora Shifters and derailluers.

Favorite Ride:   Tommaso Capri

Purchased At:   Craiglist

Submitted by CRNewsom a Triathlete

Date Reviewed: August 18, 2004

Strengths:    Strong. The frame is strong and light, and the wheelset allows for the inexperienced cyclist to encounter the occasional pothole with no damage.

Weaknesses:    It's an entry level bike, there are obviously better framesets out there, but not for the price. Wheelset is a little heavy for the experienced cyclist.

Bottom Line:
A very strong entry into the entry-level road bike category. I have received many compliments on this bike, and have had to do very little to put it up there with bikes costing three times as much. The addition of a carbon fork, wellgo pedals, and the cateye computer make this frame a thrill to ride. Sora components and a good wheelset round out this total package.

Favorite Ride:   Louisville 50 mi (Louisville Bicycle Club)

Purchased At:   Getawaybikes.com

Similar Products Used:   Trek 1000
Cervelo One

Bike Setup:   Stock except for carbon fork, wellgo pedals, and cateye computer

Submitted by tommasoMark a Recreational Rider from Hillsboro, Oregon

Date Reviewed: July 8, 2003

Strengths:    Good bike for entry level and recreation riding. Will some day upgrade to 105, but for now the Sora is functional and works well. The capri also comes with a kick ass set of wienman Aero wheel. 36 spoke but for the money it doesnt get any better. Frame bullit proof

Weaknesses:    front derailer came un adjusted and the cable was hosed so had them send me a new on.NO name crankset I plan on getting a matching sora crankset and brakes to complete the grouping.

Bottom Line:
Overall very good for the money. My first time with STI shifters. I like not having to get off the bar to shift.I had them add a carbon fork, which by the way was a great upgrade. Gives the bike a great feel on the road and handles nicely. I added some cheap welgo clipless road pedal. Most bikes with a carbon fork are starting around the $700 range. Overall I like the bike for the money and the type of ridding I do. I got the bike to help me get extra mileage in to help me get into shape for Mt biking.

Purchased At:   getawaybikes

Bike Setup:   Added carbon, welgo clipless pedals, signa wireless computer. And red CnD skewers.

Submitted by dogtired78 a Triathlete from Raleigh, NC

Date Reviewed: February 5, 2003

Strengths:    Value.

Weaknesses:    It's an entry level road bike. Examine the bike market for a while and you'll be pleasantly surprised with the Capri.

Bottom Line:
My first road bike. Entry level designed to allow me to compete in triathlons. I haven't ridden a road bike in a very long time...feels neat to be in the saddle again.

The bike's set up is incredibly good for the money. I love the Sora Derailers. The Tektro brakes have required no adjustments since shipping. I haven't had it long enough to tell with the frame or wheels yet, but I'm happy so far. I'll write more later.

Favorite Ride:   The Buffaloe Rd. Loop w/ Vandora Springs Rd. 6 miles

Purchased At:   Bikeswholesale.com

Similar Products Used:   None.

Bike Setup:   Stock. I plan on adding a cheap pair of aerobars soon. I'll probably swap out the pedals as well if I don't get comfortable with them soon.

At least i wont have to put up the the capri "pants"

So, it's my turn, now. I just had the talk with my manager. My role at work is being decommissioned. I have 90 days, until this 11 year employment self destructs. Then I have 45 days, there after. They could have at least waited until BGirl is out of Nursing school.... bleh.Read More »

If a person wears "capri pants"

and the said "capri pants" cause the fat below the knee to dimple up & cause the appearance of circulation to be cut off, as well. Should they REALLY be wearing these types of clothing? Yes, I am in office today.Read More »

Girlygirl's only employee is wearing gray capri pants

...and I'm fine with that. Hell, I even bought another pair on bonktown today. Granted, they're not like lady-pants (they're Race Face knickers). I don't really get what problem some people have with them, and they're kind of the biz on a bike. Just thought I'd share.Read More »