Ibex Bicycles Corrida 2002 Touring Bike

• Kenda 700c x 25 Road Tires

• Review Options:  Sorted by Latest Review | Sort by Best Rating

Submitted by tslarson a Recreational Rider from Wisconsin

Date Reviewed: February 1, 2003

Strengths:    Lots of bike for the money. Rides well. Seat is very mimimalist, but very comfortable for a big guy like me (200lbs). Does all it is supposed to do, I like to ride this bike. Still using the stock tires, not a single flat in 600 mi. of riding. Want to upgrade to kevlar bead tire to save some weight though.

Weaknesses:    Front brake cable wasn't attatched correctly, one spoke was not seated correctly in the front rim, spent more time that I should have in setting up the drive train (I'm very experienced at this),funny but comfortable grips. No braze ons on the sides of the rear stays for a rear rack, only a center reflector mounting hole.

Bottom Line:
    I purchased this bike to do some occasional loaded touring. I wanted a flat bar bike for the more upright riding position. Since I planned on only riding the bike a few times a year, I saw no reason to spend big bucks. After riding this bike, it's now the one I ride most.

Favorite Ride:   Just ride

Purchased At:   from IBEX direct

Similar Products Used:   None really, but I also ride a Bridgstone RB-1 road bike and a Trek 9.8 carbon fiber mountain bike.

Bike Setup:   Installed bar ends, flipped the stem over to raise the handle bars, lower gearing. Rear rack.

Submitted by Thomas Lash a Recreational Rider from Atlanta

Date Reviewed: September 12, 2002

Strengths:    Speed, Handleing, looks, feel, weight, quality parts, low price.

Weaknesses:    Too low of handle bars, off brand parts

Bottom Line:
    I couldn't believe my eyes when I opened the bicycle box. This product looks great, and had such a quality feel. I spent several hours getting the machine ready for an early sunday maiden voyage. The feeling was very swift and responsive. Their was no need for the lower chain ring. After one hour the feeling was still full power but the lack of multiple hand grips was starting to show. I'm over 40 and my back needs some help. I handled this with the addition of a 3.5 inch riser and bar ends, much better now. This machine really handles great and I'm taking it on my next three day excursion. I have several bikes but really like the over all look and feel of a flat bar bike, this is the first bike I've seen that tracks this well no hands actually works great.

Favorite Ride:   White Ga. country ride

Purchased At:   ebay

Similar Products Used:   Trek, Cannondale, Kona

Bike Setup:   the bike comes ready to assemble but needs a special touch with the breaks and drive line, get your

Submitted by adventuregeek a Commuter from Portland, OR

Date Reviewed: July 8, 2002

Strengths:    Stiff, but smooth frame, excellent fit and finish. Kenda tires and Alex rims are very fast. Tigra triple drive great for in town. Flat bar. Excellent price. Friendly emails from Ibex Bikes. 52cm fits well.

Weaknesses:    Kenda tire not very puncture proof, flatted on some broken glass on first ride. A little heavier than some bikes at 25lbs. After installing bar ends had to shorten brake and derailuer cables. Some assembly required. Seat not good for women. Stock grips were a wierd foam type.

Bottom Line:
    Purchased this bike online for my girlfriend to ride to work on. She was looking for a road bike style frame and 700c wheels, but didn't want drop bars. We looked at Lemond Wyzata and Trek 7500FX, however for the money the IBEX was a much better deal so we decided to take a chance on Ibex. This bike fits the bill perfectly. A little heavier than a racing bikes, but is very smooth over rough roads. Satin black paint is nice for a city bike since it doesn't attract the wrong kind of attention.

Similar Products Used:   Lemond Wyzatta (nice, but to many $ and top tube to short for size due to cyclocross frame with flat bar). Trek 7500FX, to much like a mtn. bike frame.

Bike Setup:   Stock, except Oury grips, Titec Carbon bar ends, Selle Italia Trans Am womens seat.