Cannondale Adventure 600 HeadShok 2003 Hybrid Bike

4.14/5 (7 Reviews)

Submitted by Jack JOHNSON a Commuter

Date Reviewed: July 9, 2009

Strengths:    Is strong and rugged. Just the right combination between road and mountain bike.

Weaknesses:    Tire changing on the back tire is a pain because of the dual drive. (I have never had a front tire flat always the back one!!!!)

Bottom Line:
I bought this bike to do longer bike rides. My mountain bike was not fast enough.
I have used this bike in all types of conditions; across Canada, to Alaska, etc. It has been an excellent choose for me as it is has been able to handle any type of road conditions(pavement, gravel, trails, commuting). It is rugged enough for off road (just gentle stuff) or hopping off curbs.

Purchased At:   White Rock Cycle

Submitted by tacopeland a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: August 12, 2005

Strengths:    Ease of changing gears, handling, weight, smooth ride due to shocks

Weaknesses:    Changing type of tires takes a long time due to the dual drive... without dual drive, I would have purchased an additional wheel set with different tires on it.

Bottom Line:
I recently purchased the Cannondale Adventure 600 with Dual Drive 27. In the 2 weeks I have had the bicycle, I have ridden 188 miles and love it. I originally had the nubby tires on and changed them to road tires because I was riding 30 miles and wanted to see the difference. There was a great difference in the tires. The bicycle is easy to handle and I have no problems in shifting gears. However, when in the ascent gear, it seems kind of rough when I ride...I hear a slight noise, and will get it fixed at the Bike Doctor. Overall, the bike is great and I highly recommend it. This was the first bike I had ever heard of the SRAM Dual Drive on and I'm a fan.

Purchased At:   Bike Doctor

Bike Setup:   Head and seat shock, Dual Drive 27, Cateye Double Wireless Computer, road slicks,

Submitted by DML a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: August 9, 2003

Strengths:    Excellent build quality
Smooth gearing system
Hybrid design is ideal for touring or light trail riding

Weaknesses:    Wish it had the option of rapid-fire instead of handlegrip gearshifters
On the expensive side

Bottom Line:
I researched hybrid bikes thoroughly before buying, and this model seems to have the best combination of speed and comfort I could find. The shocks make for a comfortable ride, though those used to a bike without them may find they take some getting used to. The handling is very quick and responsive; the gearing is more than I need for recreational riding, but the handlegrip gearing system works well (except for the uppermost gear which sticks sometimes). Light, yet fairly rugged--excellent build quality. A good choice for those who want a well-made all-around bike for touring or light trail riding. It's not not a cheap bike (in every sense of that phrase), but overall I'm very pleased with it.

Purchased At:   Papa Wheelie

Submitted by chefhp a Recreational Rider from Ft Worth, Tx, USA

Date Reviewed: May 28, 2003

Strengths:    Great for work outs in comfort.
Sore legs=good
Sore butt and back=bad
Bike=good

Weaknesses:    My SRAM stinks.
Will replace with Shimano Ultegra as soon as have the cash.

Bottom Line:
This is a very comfortable and fast bike, which cannot often be said about the same bike. My back and butt do not hurt after a long ride like on my old bike. I am, however not a fan of SRam Dual Drive. I have had it worked an twice and it still clicks in descent mode and won't shift to gear 9 on the grip shift with out alot of work.

Purchased At:   Mad Duck Adventure S

Similar Products Used:   Trek 7500 Hybrid.

Submitted by chefhp a Recreational Rider from Ft Worth, Tx, USA

Date Reviewed: May 28, 2003

Strengths:    Great for work outs in comfort.
Sore legs=good
Sore butt and back=bad
Bike=good

Weaknesses:    My SRAM stinks.
Will replace with Shimano Ultegra as soon as have the cash.

Purchased At:   Mad Duck Adventure S

Similar Products Used:   Trek 7500 Hybrid.