Del Sol LXi 3.0 2003 Hybrid Bike

Submitted by Sully a Commuter

Date Reviewed: April 25, 2013

Strengths:    These babies can fly!I love the cozy seat.I also appreciate the light frame.I have owned two Del Sol bikes,and I highly recommend them.I also would like to add that most adjustments require an alan wrench,which I personally prefer.Good tires too.They are easy to do work on,so if you plan to put alot of mileage on a bike,pay the extra bit of cash,and get one of these.You won't regret it!

Weaknesses:    Definitely the brakes.if you warp a wheel,you have to adjust the brake so that it will not scrub the brake pad.Also if you wreck your bike and happen to damage the seat,it will soon need replacing.When the cloth on the seat rips,soon the padding inside will start tearing and will produce a hole in the seat that gets bigger every time you ride it.Easy temporary fix:Duct tape.I can't think of much else to criticise about this product.I love my bike!

Bottom Line:
Overall this is the best bike I have ridden,BUT,I have not ridden any of the high end brand bikes,so I dont have much to compare it to other than the dreadful mongoose I just got rid of yesterday,which needed just about every factory part replaced at some point or another.If you don't ride much,a cheap bike is okay,because you wont put much wear and tear on it.Serious riders should be more willing to put down some cash,because after all...you get what you pay for.Try finding a slightly used one,but know what to look for as far as wear and tear goes.

Favorite Ride:   Del-Sol

Purchased At:   residence

Similar Products Used:   Mongoose,and Huffy.(never buy a bike at wal-mart!)

Bike Setup:   custom setup.

Submitted by Marc Kimberly a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: November 22, 2011

Strengths:    I would have to say the shocks on the forks and on the seat make it comfortable.The shimano gears and braking are a dream on this bike.The tires make the on and off road switch very easy and not have to watch when making a turn cause the tires grip on anything its on.

Weaknesses:    I would have to honestly say I have not found any weaknesses in or on this bike except for the expensive price I see everyone else paying for this bike.

Bottom Line:
I have this bike over 2 years now and this is the most comforatable bike in all aspects of bikes.I have had more than a 100 bikes in my life so far and this is the best by far.The smooth shifting and the ruggedness of this bike is great.I ride on paths and off roads for distances no less then 10 miles a ride.The mix of street and off road tires make it easy for the switch on whatever road I am on.I didnt care for the rear mirror which I removed as well as the reflectors.It the lightest bike that I have owned by far.

Favorite Ride:   long

Purchased At:   Private seller

Similar Products Used:   I have had huffy,schwinn,murray,mongoose,giant,redline and now I can Haro is the best that i have came across just by having this bike.

Bike Setup:   I think the detail in the design and construction of this bike has come from people whoo have riden bikes just for the simple fact that everything worked as it should and the availabilty of having what you needed at hand.

Submitted by cojoviejo a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: November 23, 2009

Strengths:    speed of shifting

Bottom Line:
For a back pleasing smoothin riding and shifting, my LXi 24 speed handles small hills. Not Truly a mountain bike; but a great "cross" bike.

Favorite Ride:   Haro Del Sol Lxi

Purchased At:   Flagstaff, AZ Bike S

Submitted by Heavy Delta a Recreational Rider from Oak Harbor, WA

Date Reviewed: August 9, 2003

Bottom Line:
Just bought two of these for the wife and myself. Very comfortable ride. Easy shifting and rugged feel to the bike. Pretty easy to lift as well. Very happy with it.

Submitted by Ron Sheets a Recreational Rider from Tulsa, Okla USA

Date Reviewed: April 21, 2003

Strengths:    Comfortable riding position,and seat, smooth shifting,easy to shift,you can ride alot and still feel like riding more.

Weaknesses:    Up and down shifting can be confusing in the dark. It would be nice to see them with disc brakes , and thumb and forefinger shifters

Bottom Line:
This bike has a very comfortable ride. It is very easy to always find a comfortable gear. Shifting is real smooth and shifts fast. Veery pleased with the performance of this bike.

Favorite Ride:   Tulsa River Parks

Purchased At:   Sun & Ski Sports

Similar Products Used:   I tried the more agressive mountain bikes,They were not near as comfortable, and since most of my riding is on paved trails. I thought this would be a better bike. I also have alot of lower back probl

Bike Setup:   Not sure what to put here. I run 65 psi in the tires. Have the seat adjusted where my leg is straight at bottom stroke.
and I set up pretty straight