Fuji Bicycles Absolute 2003 Hybrid Bike

4.4/5 (10 Reviews)

Submitted by warnere a Commuter

Date Reviewed: January 6, 2013

Strengths:    Inexpensive, good looking, fast ride.

Weaknesses:    Stiff, my hand goes asleep

Bottom Line:
I would like to convert it to a fixie. What do I need and how much will it cost me? I would like to add bullhorns as well. Any thoughts on the best way to do this? I saw that this has been commented on before on this thread.

Submitted by Ballzak a Commuter

Date Reviewed: May 9, 2011

Strengths:    The bike is crazy fierce and for the money you would be a fool not to purchase it.I am done buying gt!!!

Weaknesses:    The seat hurts my bung so I am going to fix that.That is all.

Bottom Line:
I love this bike! I rode the specialized sirrus and picked the fuji absolute 4.0 over it.I weigh 238 and it handles me just fine.I took it thru some grass and soft dirt and it handled it.If I had more money I would have got a model with fancier deralliers and more gears but I didnt have the coin and this bike works great.I found out fuji makes other companies frames and im talking top of the line bikes.I ride city streets and this bike hauls some a$$.Stop reading reviews and go buy one!!!!

Favorite Ride:   Fuji absolute 4.0 2011

Purchased At:   G.oscar bike shop tu

Similar Products Used:   Trek fx that cost alot more and isnt as good as the fuji.

Bike Setup:   Stock is great minus the seat.

Submitted by Allison a Road Racer

Date Reviewed: August 20, 2008

Strengths:    Great for hill climbing. I've taken this up 11% grade hills without any problems. Easy to mount a rack on for travel rides.

Weaknesses:    Too heavy to be fast. Casual position makes aggressive riding uncomfortable and challenging.

Bottom Line:
Great overall ride. A little heavy for fast distance but great for a casual ride. Comfortable position for easy riding. Highly recommended for anyone

Submitted by boroef a Road Racer

Date Reviewed: April 13, 2006

Strengths:    stiff wheels.
great stopping power.
very stable.

Weaknesses:    tires are below par, handling is pretty slow.

Bottom Line:
I rode the bike stock for a while, and disliked the compact position from the flatbar. it was totally personal preference, so i changed the bars to a cow horn and dropped the stem 10 degrees.

The bike came stock with Acera derailers and a gigantic cassette, which wasnt really necessary since you wont use the larger gears (ie: the 30 in the back). I really didnt like the shifting performance of the front, since when you want to downshift from the big ring to the middle, it'd drop the chain all the way to the small and then u'd have to upshift once.

I yanked out all the gears and made it single speed for 2 reasons: 1) it's my commuter bike, and i wanted to keep it simple. 2) single gear is awesome for training and forces you to stick with what you have.

The frame is totally solid and rides plenty stiff--not entirely jarring, but pretty stiff (and i bet most of this is attributed to the aluminum front fork!). the mini v brakes are totally awesome and stop on a dime.

the handling is a bit sluggish for my tastes, but once must remember that this is not a bonafide road bike. it's very stable on the streets and get's the job done--that part i like about it..total stability, unlike the snappiness of a true racing bike.

the tires that it comes stock with are not very grippy, but that could simply be changed. i really liked the stock wheelset as it's very stiff (albiet heavy) and has adjustable cone bearings.

Similar Products Used:   none. this is my first "flat bar road bike" with such a relaxed geometry. the bike get's a 5 for value, since i got it on clearance (500cdn for an '05) and a 4 for overall because for the type of bike it is, it's great.

Bike Setup:   Syntace cow horn bars, Cane Creek TT levers, -10 degree 110mm stem, Fizik Aliante saddle, removed all chainwheels and cogs--converted to single speed: 42x19.

Submitted by luther_cyclist a Road Racer

Date Reviewed: October 7, 2004

Strengths:    the frame is good
the rest of this bike is pretty much overhauled since i got it and changed it into a touring machine.. the frame is pretty dang rigid

Weaknesses:    i like mine the way it is...granted for me to get this bike tweaked kinda cost me an arm and a leg

Bottom Line:
ok so let me explain what i got goin on with this bike. Bought it stock and it was good. Then i decided i wanted a traditional road bike so i put drop bars on it and sora shifters and basically gave it new components all around. Basically what i am saying is that this frame makes for a really good touring bike if you want to take it and make it something really special, i have since bought a couple more bikes but i will never get rid of this one

Favorite Ride:   anything hilly

Purchased At:   somewhere

Bike Setup:   i put drop bars on it, with profile deign century aero bars, and a cateye enduro 8 comp, sora shifters and ultegra components. selle italia octavia saddle. Shimano spd pedals...and the list goes on

what an absolute pant load

I just got back in from offshore and a long weekend. The carpet cleaners were coming clean the office carpets while I was out, and we had been asked to get everything off the floor, which we did. Apparently the boss' wife came in with the weekly cleaning service before the carpet people and dec ... Read More »

Absolute Zero No Longer The Lowest Temperature

Ulrich Schneider and his team have found a way to break the previous theoretical lower temperature limit. [url=http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2013/01/130104143516.htm]A temperature below absolute zero: Atoms at negative absolute temperature are the hottest systems in the world[/url] [url ... Read More »

21in vs 23in - Flatbar Road (Fuji Absolute)

Hey guys - quick question. I started a temp job at a bike shop so I could learn more about my new hobby, get sweet deals, and make some money in the process. Getting my first bike in a long, long time: Fuji Absolute 1.0 Problem is, I think I need a 22 or 22.5in bike based on my height 6' ... Read More »

Size of hubs on 2010 Fuji Absolute 1.0 with disc brakes?

Hi, I am trying to get a new rear wheel for my Redline Conquest with disc brakes (the frame takes a 130mm rear hub). I have been emailing a fella on Craigslist that is selling some disc specific wheels from his 2010 Fuji Absolute 1.0, but he does not know whether they were set up for 130 or 135. I ... Read More »

Absolute corruption ...

... brought to you by republicans. Read all about it [URL="http://www.huffingtonpost.com/ari-berman/super-pacs-2012_b_1281716.html"]here[/URL]. So much for all the talk about religion, righteousness, faith, values.Read More »