Fuji Bicycles Royale 2003 Hybrid Bike

Submitted by Earl Clark a Commuter

Date Reviewed: November 15, 2008

Strengths:    Very light and yet rugged.

Weaknesses:    none, perfect for me.

Bottom Line:
Have this bike for 26 years , still use it and love the frame and have replaced the tires ,break pads and normal wear but a great ride. road 15 miles a day commuter for 5 years now just use it for recreation.

Favorite Ride:   Fuji Royale

Purchased At:   Kona bike shop, wild

Similar Products Used:   Montain bikes etc. didn't last.

Bike Setup:   wireless speedometer. foam gel seat, curled handles.water bottle and radio.

Submitted by Kaleo a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: June 15, 2008

Strengths:    Great ride, comfortable positioning. Carbon forks and seat stays are plus. Great little wheelset with a nice aero sections and nice lacing pattern

Weaknesses:    I replaced the saddle immediately along with the pedals (Wellgo to Look). I didn't like the foam grips so I also replaced them with Serfas.

Bottom Line:
This is a fine bicycle and I enjoy it immensely, it is my daily rider and a nice alternative to my other road racing type bikes. I am not a lover of aluminum frames but this Fuji Royale is great. I've upgraded a few components and will probably continue with a few more, such as carbon seatpost, bars and stems.

Similar Products Used:   I am road bike user so I have no mtb experience to campare it with, but it handles comparably to other relaxed road frames

Submitted by ritmo a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: June 19, 2005

Strengths:    components, weight sizing 15inch was just right for me only bike I could legitametly stand over with touching

Weaknesses:    seat was way hard. I changed it out. No bar ends which were pretty standard on other bikes in this price range.

Bottom Line:
I just bought my Fuji Royale and I love it. It is light and fast and looks great. I am not very tall and wanted an upright road bike. I tested the ones that fit me - Bianchi strada, and some drop handle bar bikes lemond big sky. I owned a Giant Cypress DX from a couple of years ago and it weighed 33lbs! Nice soft ride but ultimately too slow and heavy. The strada had too short of a wheel base (980) and you ran the risk of running your foot into the front tire on turns. The 2004 royale has a (1030) wheel base, weighs a very sweet 19.9lbs and has an ultegra derallier. The 2005 model is more expensive and has a 105 deraillier. You need to get used to the "road ride" cause it is, oh a bit less cushy but that is offset by speed and quickness.

Favorite Ride:   burke gillman around the lake

Purchased At:   Recycled Cycles

Similar Products Used:   Test road or reviewed: Bianchi strada, Cannondale road warrier, Marin Alp series
owned a Nishiki Cresta road bike and a Giant Cypress DX

Bike Setup:   Added bar ends and a new saddle

Submitted by jumbo63 a Commuter

Date Reviewed: April 19, 2004

Strengths:    Weight, carbon fork, components. Straight bar with rapid fire shifters that mimic my MTB. Braze ons for water bottles and racks, cantilever brakes that allow for larger touring tires if desired.

Weaknesses:    wellgo pedals

Bottom Line:
Value,value,value. Bought this as a commuter and as a road trainer until the MTB trails dry out. Straight bar road bike with quality components for well below $700! Light(@19LBS.),responsive, looks great. Carbon fork is great, really takes the edge off. Great matte blue finish that doesn't scream "steal me!". Buy this bike if you want a fast bike with a solid aluminum frame, more upright riding position, adaptability, and you don't want to break the bank.

Favorite Ride:   any

Purchased At:   Bert's bikes

Similar Products Used:   gitane road bike, old Ross MTB, Trek Fuel 90

Bike Setup:   Stock with Shimano pedals and bar ends.

Submitted by mackpappy a Road Racer from san francisco

Date Reviewed: September 18, 2003

Strengths:    Light weight, stiff frame, great components, looks awesome.

Weaknesses:    none

Bottom Line:
Well, I ordered this bike without even riding one, and I was shocked at what a sweet ride it was. The carbon fork is gorgeous, the welds on the frame are excellent, the bike is super light and very responsive. I use mine to commute in SF, and have it set up to mimic the position of my med Trek 8500. I ride an 18" MTB, but ordered a 19" Royale to get a long enough top tube. There is still plenty of standover as the toptube is very sloped. People always ask me about the bike.

Purchased At:   The Bike Shop

Similar Products Used:   Redline Cross bike, old MTB.

Bike Setup:   Stock, flite saddle, Speedplay Frogs, thornproof tubes

Fuji Royale II for a light duty touring bike?

Would an old but in great shape Fuji Royale II make a decent touring bike for somebody with a very limited budjet? The bike allready has a very nice rear rack, and it looks like there is room for fenders too. What are your opinions?Read More »

2009 Soulcraft Royale

Here are a few pictures of the new Soulcraft Royale frame I just built up. As others have noted, working with Sean to get it done right was easy and painless. The bike, I think, speaks for itself. [U]Here's the build:[/U] Soulcraft Royale, custom fit, creme de la creme paint 2009 SRAM force gro ... Read More »

nishiki royale circa 1982

I want to turn my very old road bike into a modern townie. I need some advice about changing wheel size from 27 1/4 to 700c and still having rim brakes. Any advice appreciated, thanks.Read More »

Snap vs. Uzzie *Battle Royale to 10K*

Who's first? They are both nearly at 9800.Read More »

Fuji Royale Pics

I have a thread a few down but no pictures. Finally I have some. Sorry that I'm a forum tard and I don't know how to put the pics directly into the thread. Click on the link. If it doesn't work just copy and paste it. [url]http://www.flickr.com/photos/13854821@N04/[/url]Read More »