Gary Fisher Tiburon 2003 Hybrid Bike

4.4/5 (5 Reviews)

Submitted by Dillon

Date Reviewed: January 10, 2013

Strengths:    I use this everyday, and i like the skinny tyres for riding on the road and yet it will go off road as well, the shifting is smooth, and the brakes grip very well when braking. the front and seat post shocks help for going over all kinds of bumps.

Weaknesses:    i really haven't found any yet.

Bottom Line:
Overall it's a really good bike, i have been riding it in the winter and the sealed bottom bracket helps repel snow, salt, ice and dirt. for what ever i ride through. I would recommend this bike to everyone. This is the best bike that i own and have ever riden.

Submitted by dan a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: May 28, 2010

Strengths:    light enough to ride for hours but sterdy enough not be scary

Weaknesses:    they put a dumb ajustable neck on it.

Bottom Line:
I love my bike and has served me very well for about 5 years.

Favorite Ride:   garry fisher tiburon

Purchased At:   REI

Similar Products Used:   garry fisher mountian bike

Bike Setup:   I don't have anything special on it, just basic shamono comps

Submitted by Robert Sargenti a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: October 11, 2008

Strengths:    Well made. Solid. Does a lot of things well.

Weaknesses:    Heavy. I found stock seat uncomfortable and I really just don't get suspension seat posts, when will they go away?

Bottom Line:
I am loving this bike! In the era of $900.00 "entry level bikes" I find this to be a great bargain.It is true that there are really no compnents considered high quality, but everything works well for the intended use.I use it for local bike path riding and excursions into nearby NYC and have done several 30 to 40 mile trips in great comfort.The bike is a bit heavy , but at 6'4" and 250lbs. I do not mind and it is not that easy to find a true 25" frame these days. I do not see the need for a suspension fork on this type of bike but I recognize that the market insists on it so I will suffer along 'till I see a good deal on a replacement.Got rid of the original saddle and the suspension seat post. Replaced with an alloy seat post and a Brooks saddle
The bike fits comfortably between my road bike and my mountain bike and has become my "go to "bike for most riding.
I would definitley recommend it to anyone who wants a reasonably priced bike, that will get you where you want to go in comfort and style. If you have a real need for speed, stay away!

Purchased At:   Brands Cycle &Fitnes

Similar Products Used:   none

Bike Setup:   Basicaly stock.replaced suspension seat post and saddle and would like to eventually ditch the front suspension fork. Also added Cateye computer.

Submitted by Clutch a Commuter

Date Reviewed: November 28, 2007

Strengths:    Respectable and reliable construction at a low price; likely to stand up well to the salt and slush. Excellent value for a city commuter.

Weaknesses:    Suspension seatpost = Yuck. Nothing on the bike is of particularly high quality, and no stock fenders, lights or rack, unlike some commuters.

Bottom Line:
I got this bike for commuting through the salt-heavy Canadian winter (8K each way) rather than sacrificing my Devinci. At the price, it's a big step up from the cheapest hybrids, which were wastes of money compared to just buying a used throw-away MTB. Mine, at least, came with a stock rigid fork -- lighter than the massive front suspension on bikes in this range -- and double-walled rims. The components, e.g., Acera rear derailleur and Tekto V brakes, are low-end but proven reliable, so I expect this to last for at least a few winters. The ride is stable and smooth, if unremarkable, with the adjustable stem giving some control over how upright a ride you prefer.

This is a good winter bike, even for a serious rider, and would make a fine, comfortable year-round commuter and bike-about-town for a more recreational rider.

Favorite Ride:   Elora

Similar Products Used:   CCM Villager, Marin Coast Trail, Miyata Triplecross

Bike Setup:   My LBS swapped out the stock tires for a more aggressive Bontrager tread, and the suspension seat post for a rigid alloy post. I also had them cut the bars down by about 5 cm, partly for a better feel but mostly so the bike could fit in my storage closet at work. Added fenders and rear rack; will probably add a mirror.

Submitted by Tony Quintero a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: May 20, 2006

Bottom Line:
I bought the Gary Fisher Tiburon because I like the look, it felt good to ride and I liked the 700c size wheels. It is a great bike for the recriational rider, for on and off road.. Handles great..

Favorite Ride:   The Fullerton Loop, Fullerton, CA.

Purchased At:   Big Wheel Bike Shop

Paradise/Tiburon loop

Does anyone know if the road is opened back up on the paradise/tiburon loop? It used to be closed but you could still ride through it, but last time I tried it (about a week ago) it was really closed - with a sign that said 'no bikes' and everything...Read More »