Giant 2003 Cypress 2003 Hybrid Bike

Submitted by PVM a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: July 20, 2004

Strengths:    Comfortable enough. Easy to shift. Well priced. Good starter bike for sure.

Weaknesses:    Heavy, slow. Seat isn't wonderful, but isn't bad. Can seem inadequate pretty quickly. It does not easily fit onto a rear carrier and you can't put it and road bike comfortably on the same carrier.

Bottom Line:
The bike is okay. I had a Puegeot road bike in college - a long time ago. I haven't had a bike since 1976 - and this is a very different bike from what I had then. I started riding again for balance and exercise and this is fine - if slow. I also wanted a bike to take the dogs jogging and this seemed heavy enough to control them. I have done this once and the bike performed well. [The dog weighs 75 pounds] The gearing is good for modest inclines along parts of the North Country trail in NY as far Yorkville, anyway. Shifting is sure. The tires perform well when I run off the bike path. The seat is - well - I replaced it with something less constricting.

Favorite Ride:   Giant Cypress