Giant Sedona DX 2003 Hybrid Bike

4.33/5 (9 Reviews)

Submitted by Timothy D. Thome a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: November 20, 2010

Strengths:    Style, speed, overall good looks, stock options are good with the usual upgrades available as time goes on.

Weaknesses:    None so far.

Bottom Line:
I just replaced an old Huffy 21 speed mtn bike I bought about 20 yrs ago. It was a heavy steel frame monster. My wife and I ride 7 miles every morning for exercise and she has a nice Trek, she blew me away every day. Not anymore!!
This Giant Sedona DX is a great bike, the weight is much lighter, the upright ride is smooth and fast. I had my tires put on as I prefer a bit more aggressive tire than what came with the new giant. We ride street, path and single track on weekends and this DX does very well. This bike serves several styles of riding all in one neat package. I am very pleased overall and would recommend this bike to anyone looking for exercise, fun and adventure!

Favorite Ride:   Interurban trail Springfield / Chatham, IL

Purchased At:   Wheelfast Of Chatham

Similar Products Used:   Nothing that compares to this bike.

Bike Setup:   Stock, except the knobby tires I had on my old bike.

Submitted by abailz a Commuter

Date Reviewed: November 11, 2009

Strengths:    Good, adjustable front fork. Smooth ride. Easy to work on.

Weaknesses:    ACERA components are too slow on the road when I'm commuting. Have to change the tires from commuter to fat trail tires, at the very least, to be effectively ridden on any single track.

Bottom Line:
This is a fine, commuter/casual riding bike. The ride is smooth, and the components work together fairly well. I've read some other reviews, and am not sure I could see using mine on the trails I've been on in AZ, with other mountain bikes I've owned. However, for commuting, casual riding, it's been a good investment for me. I do have a gel seat on it. The up-right seating position just about required my getting it. And, I do plan on up-grading the gears as the ACERA components are just too slow on the road.

Favorite Ride:   Giant Sedona DX

Purchased At:   Play-it-again-Sports

Submitted by Tim a Commuter

Date Reviewed: September 11, 2009

Strengths:    Strong alloy frame

Weaknesses:    Shift cables exposed, weak brake levers

Bottom Line:
So I finally got a bike I can stretch my legs on. Problem is I went from too small to almost too big. I scored a Giant Sedona DX with a 23" frame. Got it cheap at the local thrift store and spent less than $40 fixing the lil things. The style allows for an upright riding position but the seat does not. In a nutshell this is truly a best of two worlds bike. with the bars forward and the seat up it makes for a great trail bike with ultra low gear for hills. With the bars back and the seat down it makes a great cruiser for the strand. The only negative thing I can say about it is the unnecessary work in manufacturing on the brake levers. Plastic inserts? Why? Just another point of failure. They come loose, screws fall out, plastic doesn't weather well. You end up replacing them with good levers.

Favorite Ride:   marvin braude bike path

Purchased At:   Used