Masi Nuova Strada 2003 Road Bike

4.5/5 (2 Reviews)

Submitted by sam a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: March 29, 2011

Strengths:    dependability

Bottom Line:
At 51 years old I have found the MASI bike to be everything I wanted, over 2800 miles and not a single issue, have not even had the graring adjusted yet. well worht the price

Favorite Ride:   after work

Purchased At:   Cooke ville Tennesse

Submitted by savezvous a Commuter

Date Reviewed: September 12, 2005

Strengths:    tiagra components (for the price range)
stiff frame (feels solid in the corners)

Weaknesses:    weight (20lbs) (not a surprise for price range)

Bottom Line:
Bought this bike on sale because it was an '04 model. This is my first road bike, but it has been a great bike to get started with. I've read mixed reviews about the fact that their parts come from all over, and therefore the bikes can't be any good. Definitely NOT what I've experienced. I've put over 2000 miles on it in about 4 months. I've taken this bike on mountain climbs of 7-10 miles at 6-8% grade, then back down again at 52 mph! It corners smoothly and gives me confidence hitting turns at 40+mph. I can keep up with friends who ride $2000+ bikes, and in some cases, leave em in the dust. I also commute around 200 miles per week with about 15 lbs of work stuff in the saddle paniers.

It came stock with tiagra components, which I'm sure will wear out before too long. I definitely have no problems with upgrading the components and keeping the frame around for at least another year of hard riding.

If you're looking for a good entry level road bike, this is it. What you get for the price range is hard to beat. I feel like I got a very good deal.