Home | Reviews | GPS | Garmin

Garmin Edge 500 GPS

4.33/5 (3 Reviews)

This item can only be shipped to the registered billing address of the credit/debit card holder. Unfortunately, credit card fraud attempts are on the rise. This policy protects both you and Jenson USA. We apologize for any inconvenience thi...

Submitted by AFrizzledFry a Road Racer

Date Reviewed: September 6, 2012

Strengths:    Very user friendly, customization.

Weaknesses:    Glitchy. Poor product support. After 15 months of use, my Garmin Edge 500 began to freeze and/or power down secondary to vibrations/large bumps. Since the Garmin warranty is only valid for 1 year from date of purchase, I then was asked to pay another $90 as a service charge to have it repaired.

Bottom Line:
Great when it works, but mine stopped functioning after only 15 months.

Similar Products Used:   Shimano Flight Deck
Strava Android App

Bike Setup:   Specialized

Submitted by cyclingmagnet

Date Reviewed: May 2, 2012

Strengths:    easy to use and customize 3 screens of data, small, easy to change from bike to bike

Weaknesses:    none

Bottom Line:
best cycling computer I've ever used. small, light, easy to use, easy to upload data to strava or WKO, Ant power from Quark, this thing is super easy to customize on 3 different screens the data you want to see, long battery life, tons of memory. I've never deleted a workout from the memory. easy to switch from bikes. Can't go wrong with this one.

Submitted by Francisco Chamorro

Date Reviewed: February 15, 2012

Strengths:    Features, menu customization, long battery life, sleek design.

Weaknesses:    I can't really think of any - the unit has been flawless for me since day one.

Bottom Line:
I've had this unit for 5 months now and all I can say is wow. I love all the features, long battery life and size/sleekness of the unit. It has multiple pages that I can scroll and view items that I am interested in and can also be customized. I purchased the unit along with a heart rate monitor and cadence meter and at first it was a bit of information overload. Over time I've come to rely on the unit for my training and to brag/smack talk w/friends on Strava.