Kryptonite Kryptoflex Cable Locks

1.5/5 (8 Reviews)

The Kryptonite Kyrptoflex Cable Lock is available in many different sizes. Item Specifications Lock Style Not included Lock Size 4 x 10mm Bracket Incuded no

Submitted by shimshy21 a Triathlete

Date Reviewed: May 4, 2011

Strengths:    weeeeeeeeek

Weaknesses:    very weak

Bottom Line:
i was fuled
i bought this KryptoFlex® 1004 Looped Cable 4' and my bike was stolen the cable was cut in no time .... (worth $900.00)
do not buy this
i try to call the compeny thay hung up the phone on me Disgusting !!!!

Purchased At:   home depot

Similar Products Used:   no dont buy it

Bike Setup:   21 speed

Submitted by Brian a Commuter

Date Reviewed: June 26, 2009

Weaknesses:    VERY EASY TO CUT THROUGH

Bottom Line:
I use a GIANT heavy duty galvanized chain for my frame and back wheel, but used this cable for my front wheel. Last night in Manhattan, someone cut right through this cable, took half of it, but left my quick release wheel intact (I WAS VERY LUCKY). It was only in the store for about 20 minutes, so it would seem this cable won't offer much protection for your front wheel. I would go with a u-lock between the front wheel and frame instead.

Favorite Ride:   trek 7.1fx

Submitted by Richard a Commuter

Date Reviewed: August 6, 2008

Strengths:    Kept my bike from being taken. The theives managed to cut through 2/3 before being cased off but I think proffesionals would have had it. Can be used to protect the wheels.

Weaknesses:    Not to be trusted alone. As the add says use a U-bolt lock in addition.

Bottom Line:
I'm thankful I still have a bike! Sorry to all the great individuals who are riding their bikes. I'm heading out to get another cable just like this one and a strong U-bolt lock.

Submitted by B. Traylor a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: August 1, 2008

Bottom Line:
Lost more than our bikes. Lost the whole trailer. This cable is a piece.Do not trust it for anything but your dog leash it might just work for that purpose.

Submitted by smartash a Commuter

Date Reviewed: July 11, 2008

Strengths:    Works nicely with the U Lock to secure the bike seat/wheels.

Weaknesses:    Easy to cut.

Bottom Line:
I agree with the other reviewers! DO NOT trust this cable. I found mine cut and bike seat stolen. From the clean cut on the cable, the fact that the bike was locked in a bike rack with a lot of other bikes, and that it was done in the middle of the day in a high traffic downtown area, it seems it was cut very easily!
Now I'm looking for a Pinheads Lock for the bike seat... after I buy a new seat.