Home | Reviews | Pump | Lezyne

Lezyne Road Drive mini Pump

Lezyne's lightweight, powerful Road Drive mini-pump quickly inflates your tires so you can get back on your bike. It features an aluminum barrel and handle for a blend of low weight and ride-in, ride-out durability. Plus, it's capable of reaching up to 160 psi in a flash and it's Presta-valve compatible.

Submitted by bigborb

Date Reviewed: January 23, 2013

Strengths:    Light, smooth, some very elegant design features.. The internally stored hose is a good feature so you do not break the valve stem. Also comes in different lengths so you can opt for easier and potentially higher pressure filling.

Weaknesses:    Can't be used with valve extenders. I have a couple of their floor pumps and it took me a while to get used to screwing on the pump head, but ultimately it is a good system which will save breakage of the valve stem and wear of the the rubber seal in the pump head. The floor versions come with a friction adapter that can be used with unthreaded stem adapters, but am I going to remember to bring this little doodad on the road with me, and not lose it? I doubt it..

Bottom Line:
Nice pump, and a good idea to have the little hose so you don't yank the stem off your tire. But.. and this is a BIG 'but'.. if you have valve extenders, this simply doesn't work, as the fitting screws onto your valve stem! So it will only work with threaded valve stems, like those built into tires and tubes (without extenders), or such extenders like Vittoria makes for their tubulars that are a longer replacement, threaded version.. So, I have relegated this pump to my mountain bike..

Submitted by froze a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: February 16, 2012

Strengths:    Great looks, lightweight.

Weaknesses:    Cons is that I think it's more expensive then it should be, then if you want a gauge you have to buy a hose gauge for $22 which makes it the most expensive mini on the market that I know of. It only works with Presta valves...of course you could always buy a Presta to Schrader converter if you need that ability.

Bottom Line:
I like the way this pump looks, they stored the hose inside the pump giving it a very neat look yet easy to get the hose out and attach to the valve. The hose idea is a good idea because it prevents a person from ripping the valve and thus having no tube. It's a lightweight pump for all you weight weenies out there at about 102grms for the long version. It also pumps better then most mini's on the market, this one will reach 110psi but don't expect it get to it's 160 claimed psi rating because it won't. I bought the longer version which is the only one I would recommend, the shorter version would make it too difficult to pump to 120psi not only in effort but strokes. It appears to be a very well made pump, but as far as how sturdy it will be is still in the trial period. Having owned this pump and the Topeak Road Morph G, the latter is the best deal of the two with the latter being the best mini pump you can buy at any price in my opinion.

Overall I think the pump is overpriced, then if you need a gauge and the converter then suddenly you have a $70 mini pump! I think for the money you would be better served getting the Topeak Road Morph G for a third the price and it comes with a gauge. See my review of the Topeak. I rated the value sort of low but the overall effectiveness of the pump is very good so I rated that high.

Favorite Ride:   anywhere the wind blows

Purchased At:   Amazon