Arundel Dave O Water Bottles/Cages

• Store Price

Finally a carbon bottle cage that holds your bottle really tightly and is super strong. The Dave-O is Arundel's original carbon water bottle cage and has set the standard ever since. Average weight 33 grams.

Submitted by jnbrown

Date Reviewed: December 29, 2012

Strengths:    Holds bottle well, easy to get bottle in/out, quality construction.

Weaknesses:    Not the sleekest looking cage

Bottom Line:
I have used quite a few cages and like these the best.
The first time I saw one I thought it was butt ugly and way overpriced.
I used to have cheap Profile plastic cages and they worked fine, but when I bought my new bike I wanted something with more bling.
I bought some mid priced carbon cages and those lasted a few years before the tab on the bottom broke off.
Then I decided to get some Arundel Mandible cages because they looked cool and seemed well made.
The grip was so tight it was difficult to get bottles in and out especially when they were not full.
Then I decided to get Zipp cages again because I liked the look. The Zipp cage doesn't hold the bottle well and the bottle made rattling sounds. Then I needed a side loader cage for the back of my tandem and decided to get the Arundel sideloader. Since it worked well and the Dave O was similar I decided to try one and found a used one for $25.
I have been using it and it is very easy to get the bottle in and out but holds onto it very securely with no rattles.
The construction is very good and I expect it to last a long time. Now that I have it on my bike I don't think it looks so bad either. I found a good deal and ordered two more.

Submitted by RJ a Road Racer

Date Reviewed: October 27, 2011

Strengths:    Great grip, no slip.

Bottom Line:
Great product, great grip, no slip. Carbon shiny finish does fade w/ use at areas of contact w/ water bottle, but does not affect function. Have the side loader (can get right or left) also and been pleased. Have sets for couple of bikes.

I may not peg teh Dave Hickey Hair-O-Meter but-

damn, why is it that as I age there is a crap load more hair on my back than on my head. The other day I drafted my wife to do a little pruning and it looked like someone field dressed a medium sized woodland animal in our bathroom. :eek: Russell PS- Dave, sorry about the hair referen ... Read More »

Arundel Dave-O Carbon Water Bottle Cage - $25

[url]https://www.speedgoat.com/product.asp?part=104215[/url] $25 + $7 shipping. A pair just sold on ebay for more this. Best price I could find. Too bad speedgoat no longer does free shipping on everything. It's still a great shop. I used to visit when I lived in the 'Burgh. Check out the gall ... Read More »