Camelbak Podium Water Bottles/Cages

4.54/5 (13 Reviews)

CamelBak Podium Water Bottle 21oz is the favorite for many professional and amateur athletes the world over. New redesigned profile and valve allow for a tighter, no slip fit in both cage and gloved hand. As always, BPA free and dishwasher safe.

Submitted by Mike a Road Racer

Date Reviewed: July 16, 2011

Strengths:    Valve that keeps water from coming out until you want it to

Bottom Line:
Near Perfect water bottle. Never had a leak and its so much easier to use than waterbottles with the pull top. You can also use a squirter for dogs. Perfect for races.

Purchased At:   Campmor

Similar Products Used:   Old fashioned Pull top water bottles

Submitted by gswink a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: January 31, 2011

Strengths:    Easy to squeeze.

Weaknesses:    Can't put in dishwasher. Leaks when squeezed.

Bottom Line:
Rather disappointed in this product. I purchased tow new bottles because they were easier to squeeze than my old Polar bottles. The trouble is that the material is so soft that it mal-forms while it is being squeezed and leaks from where the cap screws onto the body. This is very annoying, especially when riding in the cold. I wrote to Camelbak to complain and they sent me two replacement bottles - after accusing me of putting the bottles in the dishwasher. The newer bottles are no better than the old ones. I cannot recommend.

Favorite Ride:   White Rock Lake Dallas Texas

Similar Products Used:   Polar

Bike Setup:   Scott CR1 Pro. Campy groupo. Ksyrium wheelset.

Submitted by KickingDust a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: October 2, 2010

Strengths:    Doesn't leak even when open, no plastic taste, durable.

Weaknesses:    Can't take apart and clean drinking valve to clean. Mold can form in the white funnel area and nothing seems to get it out, chlorine, vinegar, etc. After a year with no success cleaning the valve I was forced to buy a new set of bottles even though the old ones function perfectly.

Bottom Line:
I ride a lot as I have a road bike touring company. I've been using the Camelbak podium nearly every day since I bought them. Best bottle around.

Purchased At:   Absolute Bikes

Similar Products Used:   standard water bottle, Kleen bottle, backpack water systems (Camelbak and others), Polar insulated

Bike Setup:   Too many to list!

Submitted by kmunny19 a Road Racer

Date Reviewed: May 15, 2010

Strengths:    no leaks.

Bottom Line:
BUY IT. It holds fluids way better than the standard Specialized bottles we've gotten used to. the cap doesn't leak. the spout doesn't leak. when using Nuun, the mild effervescence, combined with sloshing, doesn't cause drips to continually come out the spout until the bottle is less than 3/4 full.

Favorite Ride:   the hard one

Purchased At:   lbs

Submitted by Miawahlum a Road Racer

Date Reviewed: June 27, 2009

Strengths:    Cytomax taste like Cytomax not plastic. No drip spout works great. Also it is easier to load ice cubes as the Specialized have a skinny middle section which jams up the ice cubes going in. Soak in light bleach solution for 10 min to clean bottle and spout apparatus every couple of weeks to sanitize.

Weaknesses:    None except they don't make the insulated version in the 24 oz size. Weird

Bottom Line:
Great bottle. Does not drip as advertised. Well worth the extra $$$. I thought the reflectice silver bottle would stay cooler longer but it doesn't in the hot Miami sun. I got them at USPhome.com they are on sale right now for $6.74 and sell for locally 11-13 dollars. Got 2 for 20.00 and some change shipped to Miami. Going to buy 2 more

Favorite Ride:   West Kendall to Key Biscayne

Purchased At:   USPhome.com

Similar Products Used:   Specialized wide mouth bottles.

Bike Setup:   2007 Specialized Tarmac Expert with Zertz inserts, full Dura Ace with Ritchey WCS Protocol rims, Continental Ultra Race tires.

DB Podium 2 vs. Giordano Libero 1.6 Road Bike

All - This is my first post, so hello all! I decided to get into cycling 2 months ago and decided to start w/ a very cheap bike to start. I purchased the Giordano road bike for ~$350 [url=http://www.amazon.com/Giordano-Libero-White-Mens-Bike-700c/dp/B004Q3N0GI]Amazon.com: Giordano Libero 1.6 Whit ... Read More »

Camelback Podium Chill w/ Quick grip $9.93 @ REI.com

Thought I'd share even though its not exactly a "Hot Deal" for the cyclist but still a good price on a very good bottle. Cyclists & non-runners can just use the bottle portion. If you also happen to do long distance running or run with a hand-held, then this is a very good deal. I love these th ... Read More »

Sagan’s podium “bottom-pinch” inspires Slovak craze

Slovaks have been pinching the bottoms of strangers this week in solidarity with cyclist compatriot Peter Sagan, who is embroiled in a sexism row for pinching the bottom of a podium girl after the Tour of Flanders. More than 4,500 people have “liked” a group which popped up on Facebook challengin ... Read More »

Slovakian cyclist pinches backside of ‘podium girl,’ later apologizes after criticism

I guess the deeper issue is tradition versus sexism in today's morals and values. [url=http://deadspin.com/cyclist-under-fire-for-pinching-a-podium-girls-backsid-464834903]Cyclist Under Fire For Pinching A Podium Girl's Backside[/url]Read More »

GT GTR Series 3 2012 vs Diamondback Podium 2 2012

Hi everyone. I'm looking at getting my first road bike and I'm limited by my budget of less than $700. My brother told me to increase my budget, but I'm currently unable to do so. So through my search I came across these 2 bikes: The GT gtr Series 3 and the Diamondback Podium 2 both 2012 models. ... Read More »