Park Tool Co. PRS-21 Super Lite Team Race Stand Workstands

The new PRS-21 Team Race Stand is a compact, Euro-style work stand that securely holds the bike without clamping the frame tubes or seat post. Ideal for bikes with ultra lightweight frame tubes and seatposts, and for bikes with tight access areas that can't be clamped. The PRS-21 is a new lighter weight version of the PRS-20 which was originally designed for the mechanics of the Tour de France-winning Discovery Channel Professional Cycling Team. Uses lightweight aluminum and steel tubing and ...

Submitted by RobertCShay a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: March 3, 2009

Strengths:    Light, easy to move bike around (up/down/around)while working on it, packs nicely into travel bag.

Weaknesses:    Does develop some rust in the inside of the Yoke under the plastic sleeve. But, this is very easy to service with a wire brush once a year

Bottom Line:
I use this stand about 2 to 3 times a week to service my bicycles. I do all of my own wrenching and washing of the bikes - including cable changes, wheel rebuilds, new component installation, etc.

This stand works great. I purchased it when I got my first Carbon Fiber framed Madone so that I wouldn't crush the tubes. The stand allows me to move the bike into any position I need to service it. I also use the stand to wash my bikes about once a week. After the second year, some rust formed on the inside of the yoke under the plastic sleeve. It made it difficult to easily move the horizontal telescoping tube up and down. After contacting Parktools, they told me to remove the plastic sleeve and use a wire brush to remove any rust that may have accumulated inside the yoke under the plastic sleeve. It took me about 10 minutes to do this servicing and then I sprayed some Triflow inside to help prevent any more rust. Stand continues to work like new.

Favorite Ride:   All