TekTro R530 Road Brakes 2009 Brake Calipers

Light Aluminum Quick Release Mechanism with P420 Adjustable Angle Cartridge Pads...

Submitted by Tom Rudey a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: May 29, 2011

Strengths:    spring load release is strong and firm, color/finish very nice, and even engagement on rim

Weaknesses:    maybe better pads but the ones that came with it work fine so far. As wet as it's been this spring up here, I proabably should swap them for some Cool Stop combos but it was damp out yesterday on my ride and they perormed just fine. Also, they're a bit heavy but I'll just eat a few less Wheaties to compensate.

Bottom Line:
Granted I've only ridden them a couple of times since installation and there have been no screaming downhill descents, but the pull on them is even, the release springs do well and the initial set-up/adjustments were very easy. I was particularly pleased with the spring return firmness. None of that annoying movement of the assembly after release causing them to hang up a pad on one side or other of the rims. For the price they are reasonable and come in black (my color) silver and white finish. I actually paid too much at my LBS (you can get them on-line in the low $40's. They were an upgrade from the ones that came on my OCR2 and I think I be liken them more and more!

Favorite Ride:   central Racine County

Purchased At:   LBS (Racine Cyclery)

Similar Products Used:   Diacompe 188, Cervelo E' brakes, ultegra 6500, Tiagrea 4300,

Bike Setup:   Giant OCR2 with 105 5500 RD, Ultegra 6600 Triple FD, Truvativ Touro Triple crank w/internal BB, FSA Sl-K carbon seatpost, Megasoft racing saddle, FSA 190 stem, Kore Elite 46cm drop bar handlebar, Sora shifters/brake levers w/gear position window, Performance Forte Titan wheels, Vittoria Rubino Pro Slick tires