Jagwire Sleek Pro Road series Brake Pads

The Jagwire Sleek Pro Road Lite Brake Shoes are SRAM and Shimano Compatible and feature a rubber coating for added durability. Rubber coated for added durability Features orbital hardware for easy adjustments Published W...

Submitted by Lok a Commuter

Date Reviewed: April 24, 2010

Strengths:    On first ride, I felt they have modulation like my disk brakes on MTB. This modulation is good when you are approaching a turn, you got good control on your speed.

Weaknesses:    Non so far. Maybe the stopping part on as strong as Koolstop but its modulation is better.

Bottom Line:
Bought this Sleek Pro Road Lite pads (JS523APS) to replace stock pads after finding them poor performance and creating lots of dust. They were installed on my first road bike. I usually ride my XC or MT bikes and use Koolstop pads, so this is also my first time using Jagwire pads.

Similar Products Used:   Koolstop, Shimano.

Bike Setup:   Fisher Triton single speed.

Submitted by rdolson a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: June 27, 2007

Strengths:    Incredible improvement over stock DA pads.

Weaknesses:    The fancy boxes ad $ to the cost.

Bottom Line:
The new Sleek have the even lighter pad holders, anlong with two different compound pads, shipped in fancy display boxes. Paid $90 for a full set F&R. Figured that the fancy packaging cost $10 that I did not need to spend. BUT... These pads ROCK!!!! TOTALLY blow away stock DA pads. I was thinking I was going to have to pop serious bucks for some really strong brakes (I ride STEEP hills and regularly hit the mid 50mph range on downhills) and when I put these pads on, I felt like I had a whole new set of power brakes! I'm using the black compound pads, and I'm really impressed how such a small thing can make such a huge difference.

Favorite Ride:   Anytime I'm on a bike

Purchased At:   Online

Similar Products Used:   Stock DA pads, Scott/Matthauser reds (Yeah you can still find 'em)

Bike Setup:   Colnago Master XL DA Ksyrium SL3 Tubulars

Submitted by pooh bear a Road Racer

Date Reviewed: March 1, 2006

Strengths:    Everything. Light, hi-Zoot (the best looking brake shoes out there), and they function flawlessly.

Weaknesses:    Changing pads in the shoes looks like it might be tricky.

Bottom Line:
This review is for the carbon Sleek road brakes. The brake shoe is made out of carbon fiber and the hardware is titanium(so I'm not talking about brake pads for carbon rims). These look incredibly sexy and high tech and work extremely well. The standard black pad that comes mounted in the shoe is a great all-around solution: braking on steep descents and under wet, gritty conditions is predictable and reliable. This is hands-down the best brake shoe/pad combination I've eve used. Pricey, but worth it. For weight weenies: A fringe benefit of the high-tech materials is light weight (32 gms). Tired of looking for the perfect shoe/pad combination? Try these - you won't be disappointed.

Favorite Ride:   Anywhere with sane motorists