SwissStop Yellow King Brake Pads

3.5/5 (2 Reviews)

SwissStop Yellow King brake pads deliver more than just great stopping power. They provide superior modulation and feel on carbon braking surfaces.

Submitted by jmitro

Date Reviewed: March 21, 2013

Strengths:    fancy yellow color

Weaknesses:    expensive
terrible modulation
terrible braking performance

Bottom Line:
These are the recommended pads for my Easton EC90 carbon tubular and carbon clincher rims. The performance is marginally better than terrible; especially after 700+ miles of breaking in, the torque and modulation diminished with use. Braking was especially bad (close to dangerous) in the wet. On 40+mph descents they eventually glazed over and I had to scuff them up.
If not improved after scuffing, they will be replaced by pads that actually stop my bicycle, not just the pads "approved" by Easton

Submitted by ward a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: September 20, 2009

Strengths:    Crazy strong on Carbon rims

Weaknesses:    Not cheap

Bottom Line:
I purchased these because I needed one set of pads for both my aluminum rim and my carbon rim wheelsets. Also, I wasn't happy with the cork pads that I purchased from Corima.

Man, these are awesome. With the Carbon wheels they stop crazy fast and yet you can still modulate well. On the aluminum rims not as strong but still as good as my koolstops. Not much wear after 2000 miles

Favorite Ride:   Carbent HPV Sea Dragon

Purchased At:   Ebay

Similar Products Used:   Corima Cork brake pads (c***)

Bike Setup:   Carbent HPV Seadragon Ultegra FD,RD, Rotor cranks, Dura ace bar end shifters, Corima 4-spoke all carbon tubular wheelset, Negative gravity brakes, Swiss Stop yellow king brake pads

Swiss Stop King (yellow) pad build up.

I've been racing ZIPP tubulars for years and only ever ran standard Shimano pads without issue. Decided to build up some carbon clinchers as an experiment and after reading all the concerns about braking decided to splurge for some Swiss Stop pads. Well, these pads leave a build up on the rims after ... Read More »

SwissStop Race 2000 vs. Yellow King pads

:confused: Is there a marked difference between the two? I've got the Race 2000s, and they are great in the dry, but SUUUUUCK in the rain. Are the Yellow Kings any better? I don't have the option of KoolStop Salmon due to having Zero Gravity brakes. Thanks!Read More »