Bolle Breakaway Vigilante Eyewear

3.75/5 (4 Reviews)

Bolle Breakaway Vigilante

Submitted by covenant a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: August 2, 2003

Strengths:    Long term good use...initial pair seemed to be too brittle for lens exchange...replacement pair work great. Lens highly resistant to scratches..replacement lens are plentiful on the internet for $20. Never fogged.

Weaknesses:    I've had a problem finding the right size replacement lens. Evidently there are different size Vigilante frames.

Bottom Line:
Follow up to my review below...
After breaking my frame I sent them off to Bushnell and they replaced it with no problems. I've worn the glasses for a solid year of daily use and the only other problem I've had is the nose grips have fallen apart...basically becoming very gooey until they're just sludge. I believe constant perspiration is the problem...but after a year, how can I complain?

Purchased At:   ebay

Submitted by DanoK a Weekend Warrior

Date Reviewed: April 13, 2003

Weaknesses:    changing lenses is a pain

Bottom Line:
I bought the narrow model (Parole?) for my wife. I liked the idea of the interchangeable lenses for her. However, the lenses are so difficult to change that neither of us wants to ever do it. She seems to like the glasses, but all the extra lenses were a complete waste with the difficulty of changing them. We wouldn't buy another pair of these.

Similar Products Used:   Briko Bold, Briko Sprinter, Briko Stinger, Oakley M, RudyProject Tayo

Submitted by dribin a Weekend Warrior from los angeles

Date Reviewed: September 28, 2002

Strengths:    Great wraparound with no air getting through. The prescription insert is simple. The optician gives me free cleaner refeels. P

Weaknesses:    It can be a little difficult to change lenses, but living in Southern California that is not much of an issue @

Bottom Line:
I have fairly weak eyes so my choices were limited. I liked the Bolle design and the four interchangeable color lenses.

Favorite Ride:   PCH from Santa Monica north