Briko Sprinter 1 Eyewear

3.6/5 (5 Reviews)

Briko Sprinter 1

Submitted by yenrod a Racer from nw uk

Date Reviewed: June 5, 2003

Strengths:    Active + lens - Clarity on medium days virtually an all rounder and destroys glare at night from cars !

Weaknesses:    The Active 4000 lense shields you on bright days yet still keeps you sharp.

Fails on ULTRA bright days.

Bottom Line:
I've had mine for on 3 months and well pleased with them. Mine HAVE NOT cracked - the lenses or the nose piece - you've got to insert the base of the lense in the nose retainer area' first, then the top section of the lense.
Upon washing: 'em the top section out 1st etc...

Surely people aren't that stupid ? They're only plastic NOT metal.

Also, I cut the very top of the noserubber piece for a custom fit.

Purchased At:   www.the-eye-shop.com

Similar Products Used:   Luxottica oakley minute copies ! Prior to Minutes being released uk; used '97.

Briko Bold.

Submitted by ssherotsky a Racer from Seattle

Date Reviewed: April 2, 2003

Strengths:    Optical clarity, low light contrast, comfort, fit, good ventilation in a wet and foggy climate, and good looks. The single lense is easier to swap out on the go than two separate ones.

Weaknesses:    I have noticed small cracks develop in the lenses at the bridge but they have not broken completely.

Bottom Line:
So far I have really enjoyed these glasses for recreational cycling and road racing. I have not used them for other sports though I considered buying darker/polarized lenses for skiing and sea kayaking.

Purchased At:   The eye shop

Similar Products Used:   Smith, Carrera, Rudy Project

Bike Setup:   Cannondale with Campy groupo

Submitted by Rick Sanqui a Weekend Warrior from Walnut, California, US

Date Reviewed: November 30, 2002

Strengths:    No fog, no slip, great optics, low weight

Weaknesses:    THEY DON'T LAST... Brikos non existent customer service (or imposible to find)

Bottom Line:
Functionality wise the design is great. Very light, lenses do not fog at all, the frame does not slip off while on riding or running, great optics.
As far as durability... lenses need some improvement. Cracks started to appear about a month after I bought them with my first lenses breaking at about 6 months. The second lenses lasted me only about 4 months. In addition, Briko does not seem to sell lenses outside of the Sprinter kits.
As far as customer service or support... there isn't any. The only contact I found was through Brikos sales e-mail address, and they will not respond to your e-mails.
I would not recommend you spend your money on this product or any other Sprinter kit.

Purchased At:   Supergo

Similar Products Used:   RudyProject Tayo... they fog a little, but are durable

Submitted by Matthew Zullo a Weekend Warrior from Setauket, NY

Date Reviewed: August 28, 2002

Strengths:    Strong Frame.

Weaknesses:    Weak lenses.

Bottom Line:
The lenses are clear and frame is strong, but the lenses have all cracked and now I have a nice frame and no lenses. I see others have had the same problem. Do not buy this product.

Similar Products Used:   Oakley.

Submitted by Mike a Weekend Warrior

Date Reviewed: August 27, 2002

Strengths:    Never fog, very light weight and comfortable even with my prescription inserts. Good clarity. Lense changing is pretty easy, but I can see how the center of the lense can crack if its not done correctly. Lastly my son thinks their cool.

Weaknesses:    Their not Oakley M's so if you want to be a Lance Armstrong wannabe its the wrong image.

Bottom Line:
Getting to the age where I need glasses I purchased the Briko Klip, which is similar to the 1's but has a insert for prescription lenses. So far I've not had the cracking problem mentioned in other reviews. These glasses are very light. comfortable and never fog. Even in 90 degree/ 90% humidity days they stay clear. I've had Oakley M frames and had fog problems while the Briko's just don't fog no matter what the weather.