Oakley M Frames Eyewear

4.53/5 (15 Reviews)

Oakley M Frames

Submitted by Pirate_ a Road Racer

Date Reviewed: February 1, 2008

Strengths:    Durability, lenses available in different shapes and tints.

Weaknesses:    None what so ever.

Bottom Line:
I have had my M frames for more than 3 years now. They have probably been worn for everyday of those 3 years. It has been through many hours of direct sunny light and rain and still haven't had any sort of problems. Lenses do have some very faint scratches, but thats purely cosmetic. If you race bikes who cares if its just a scratch. Get over it.

Favorite Ride:   Sierra rd and Mt. Hamilton

Purchased At:   Oakley - Milpitas Va

Bike Setup:   Seeing "RED" with my Madone.

Submitted by Brian a Road Racer

Date Reviewed: May 26, 2007

Strengths:    optics, durability, ease of lens change, versatility sunglasses/safety glasses

Weaknesses:    coatings can scratch very easily, price

Bottom Line:
I love the clarity of the optics, and the full field of view coverage. I got the Magnesium M frames this time around (last pair of "pro-m"s were stolen) and I've been very happy with them.
I've didn't like the old blades style because of the weak hinges, these have completely fixed that issue

Favorite Ride:   Palomar Mtn

Similar Products Used:   Vaurnet, rayban

Bike Setup:   Buell motorcycle

Submitted by Bill (LT) Blair a Commuter

Date Reviewed: May 21, 2007

Strengths:    no squenting into the bright sky.
magnesuim frame is very strong.

Weaknesses:    darn nose pieces fall off when hanging around my neck sometimes I see it fall off some times I don't :(

Bottom Line:
I actually use my glasses to fly RC airplanes. You just can't get better eye protection and it makes the color of the airplanes brighter in some cases but it "NEVER" makes them appear like dark spots in the sky and when flying 7 or 8K airplanes seeing your plane is very important.

I bought the magnesium frame and it was a good investment. If you have to look up in the sky all day you can't go wrong with these.

Purchased At:   Online

Similar Products Used:   I have use other Glasses that are advertised for this purpose and they aren't as comfortable or they don't make the colors of the airplanes brighter.

Submitted by Frreed a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: November 27, 2006

Strengths:    Exceptional optical clarity

Combat Proven

Weaknesses:    none

Bottom Line:
I bought a pair of M-Frames and was issued another set upon arrival in Iraq. I stashed the purchased pair and wore the issued pair daily. The optics are better than any sunglasses I have ever had. The lenses have micro-scratches from the sand and dust that we encountered on a daily basis. Even with the scratches the optical clarity is great. The frames still look and fit like new. If they can function well in combat, a bike ride is a piece of cake.

Favorite Ride:   Tuesday

Purchased At:   Navy Exhchange

Similar Products Used:   Wiley X XL1s
ESS

Bike Setup:   Cannondale R700 Stock

Submitted by elroy vogler a Road Racer

Date Reviewed: August 21, 2006

Strengths:    Work fine until they break.

Weaknesses:    Frame material is not very durable. I'm going to purchase some Smith Theory Sunglasses. They have a lifetime frame warranty.

Bottom Line:
My M frames worked fine, provided good eye protection and I liked the look. However, the arm broke under one of the ear socks. Oakley now only has a one year warranty so to get a new frame I would have to pony up $29 plus shipping. For the price you pay for these glasses they should be more durable and or replacement policy should be more customer friendly.

Favorite Ride:   Alpine Loop