Oakley Pro M Frame Eyewear

3.9/5 (10 Reviews)

Oakley Pro M Frame

Submitted by jaybirdy a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: September 11, 2009

Strengths:    fit

Weaknesses:    Oakleys warranty

Bottom Line:
I have used these for almost five years with zero problems.

Favorite Ride:   Tiny's

Purchased At:   on line

Similar Products Used:   Briko & Nike

Bike Setup:   Road

Submitted by Looneytuna a Road Racer

Date Reviewed: October 19, 2005

Strengths:    Lenses - fit - eye coverage - Frame quality

Weaknesses:    Price - Weight

Bottom Line:
Had these for 2 years with both the Iridium lens and the yellow one for cloudy days. Loved them.. Not a frame or lens issue the whole time. With out a doubt they make the best lenses on the market. They may not be the lightest but they have held up really well.. They were stolen at a fund raising ride this past sunday and I went out and ordered another pair the same day.

Favorite Ride:   Any Ride

Purchased At:   Vision store

Similar Products Used:   Maui Jim's, Performance Quatro.

Bike Setup:   Seven Elium SG, Carbon Record 10, Zero-gravity brakes, Easton EC90 stem, bar and seatpost, Fizik Alliante seat.

Submitted by olr1 a Road Racer

Date Reviewed: April 2, 2005

Strengths:    No damage at all after a car squished them. I just re-assembled them at the roadside and carried on.

Weaknesses:    None.

Bottom Line:
What they said, plus I just watched a car drive over my M frames after falling off. Look it was a windy day OK? A chance gust caught me and blew me onto the kerb while riding one-handed.

Favorite Ride:   Any fast one

Purchased At:   Eddie McGraths Bike

Similar Products Used:   Many inferior glasses

Bike Setup:   Trek, Ult/D-Ace mix.

Submitted by wildinguk a Racer

Date Reviewed: May 19, 2004

Strengths:    Vision, quality of workmanship, usability, way the frame glues to your face...and of course they look damn cool too!

Weaknesses:    Have to say price, but you get what you pay for and if anyone knows any better, they've kept their mouths shut up till now

Bottom Line:
Bought some pro-ms in red with the +red iridium lense.

Absolutely first class glasses, vision is near perfect...in fact i sometimes think I see clearer with them on that without. Contrasts come up excellently considering these are only meant for the brightest of conditions, however i can wear them on a cloudy day and still see perfectly.

I have the sweep lense and get no trouble with swet build up, even at 25 degrees celcius and up on hard hill climbs. I think this must be down to the lense choice.

The frames hold firm and non slip, perfect for triathlons as they stay put when you run.

Love these glasses and worth every penny, just want to get myself some more lense colours now.

Purchased At:   in norway on hols

Similar Products Used:   Brikos, Bloc

Submitted by honk a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: September 23, 2003

Strengths:    Light, stylish and grip well. Iridium/heater lens gives good protection from wind as well as the exceptional Oakley clarity.

Weaknesses:    Sometimes a little sweat can build up at the top of the lens during hot days or when training (hard) indoors.

Bottom Line:
Plumped for the red frame/iridium combo with the heater lens size. Firstly, the Iridium lens is one of the clearest lenses I have used but not the most scratch resistant (as my older Oakley wires can vouch for). However, as long as you take care and use the bag to clean the lenses you should be okay. The Pro M's also give the best wrap-around, proven by dry-eyes during fast descents (50-60mph). As I commute, I have a pair of Brikos with a Yellow lens for the winter nights. However, I am thinking of getting the equivalent Oakley lens as the lenses are swappable and is half the price (£30) of the Iridium lenses.
The only niggle I have had so far is the sweat build-up. This tends to only happen during very hot days or hard roller sessions. However, the sweat build-up is small and occurs with all my eyewear.
Overall, these are the best pair of glasses I have used for cycling: great visibility, great eye-coverage plus looks and feels great :)

Purchased At:   The Bike Shop