Oakley Racing Jackets Eyewear

4.75/5 (4 Reviews)

Racing Jackets

Submitted by FatGut1 a Road Racer

Date Reviewed: April 28, 2009

Strengths:    Awesome looking ,Comfortable, feel faster then I am.

Weaknesses:    Thwy fog when you stop and smudge easy. Could fit a little better on smaller heads.

Bottom Line:
Picked them up at a bike shop on a fluke. They were priced so low that I had to get them. I got the Pearl White
ones.

Similar Products Used:   Oakley M frames, Performance glasses

Bike Setup:   Bianchi

Submitted by kiwidj a Racer from Tokyo,Japan.

Date Reviewed: March 23, 2003

Strengths:    Great feel,fit, looks , frame durability and most important quality of the lenses ... and did I mention looks ?

Weaknesses:    Haven't noticed any yet . OK , they fog up a bit at the traffic lights but what do ya want , damned demisters and an internal air conditioner fixed into them ?

Bottom Line:
I just love these , always have and pretty sure I always will . To be honest with you guys I was inspired by G.Hincapie to get a pair . Sure they look better on him but who cares . And it's amazing how by just wearing a pair of these things I actually seem to go faster , feel less tired and ,for some strange reason, confident enough to ride 250kms of just cobblestones .
And to add to my collection , I just scored a pair of the old Red Tiger Racing Jackets on an auction site and these babies simply rock . Talk about wild things ! I actually scared my cat away after putting them on !

Similar Products Used:   Briko Radar / Sprinter / Echoes 1 ,and Rudy Project Tayos / Equinox / Metallica ...but never again thanks . I'm an O man from now on .

Bike Setup:   Various models in the past but my favorites now are my good old Cannondale R2000 and Bad Boy .

Submitted by ZeGopha a Weekend Warrior from Bloomington

Date Reviewed: November 1, 2002

Strengths:    Don't fog, won't collect sweat. They look knida funky so everybody looks at ya. (But they did that anyway.) It's nice that the gold lenses actualy look blue. Yellow was never my favorite color.

Weaknesses:    Oskley lenses smudge very badly. You could put these on a shelf and never touch them and some how the lenses would get a finger print on them. I don't notice a whole lot of help from the ear pieces, but they don't hurt either. The smudge factor is the biggest problem. My Nikes, never did that.

Bottom Line:
I was looking for something I could Swim, bike, and run in. (Okay, so they don't work that great for swimming.) These work great for biking, and are desent on the run. As long as you are moving they won't fog (so don't stop) but, even when you do have ta stop they don't completly fog. Decent weight, I had gold lenses and they work great.

Favorite Ride:   Any one with real hills. Go Up!

Purchased At:   Ebay

Similar Products Used:   Nike Tarj, rudy, briko, oakley scar.

Bike Setup:   Quintana Roo Kilo. Black and Blue.

Submitted by GROUPOCOMPACTO LANTERN ROUGE a Racer from USA

Date Reviewed: August 22, 2002

Strengths:    CLARITY FACTORY..OH YEA COOL FACTOR COUNTS..
WHEN WEARING THEM..YOU KIND OF FEEL LIKE A STORM TROOPER.

Weaknesses:    NEED MORE COLORS

Bottom Line:
I HAVE BEEN AN OAKLEY FAN, SINCE THE
FIRST FACTORY PILOTS CAME OUT. (STILL HAVE THEM STORED IN MY DRESSER)THE RACING
JACKETS HAVE A NICE FIT+LIGHT..HINGE
WHO NEEDS THEM! DON'T WANT THEM ON
STICK THEM THROUGH YOUR HELMET...OR ON YOUR NOGGIN.

Favorite Ride:   COOL

Purchased At:   BICYCLES PLUS

Similar Products Used:   OAKLEY PRO-M FRAMES.
RUDY PROJECT TAYO'S