Rudy Project Project Ekynox Eyewear

4.33/5 (3 Reviews)

The Ekynox™ was developed after years of field research and athlete surveys. Incorporating advanced, fog-free, maximum protection ergonomics and techno-geometric design, the new Ekynox™ is the ultimate sunglass for elite athletes. Using Rudy Project's core platform technologies like adjustable 360° temples, adjustable ergonose™, Quick Change™ interchangeable lenses, optional RX-ability, optional elastic strap, internal goggle conversion kit and double fog free lenses (SGV™), the Ekynox™ is sure to be the ultimate piece of equipment to enhance performance while offering cutting-edge style. Weight 1.2oz

Submitted by jp88 a Road Racer

Date Reviewed: June 14, 2008

Strengths:    looks, durability, multi-sport, nice large size (but can fit smaller heads) everything

Weaknesses:    umm... none... some people say they fog up, but I don't believe them

Bottom Line:
I am a nordic skier and love these for skiing, but also on the road or trails. They don't fog and they look cool. I have tried other glasses, but always return to my ekynox and I have just ordered my third pair. I have worn them for 3 years since I was 16.

I don't care if they start to become "old school" because they stay on your face, they are versatile and you don't know your even wearing them!

Favorite Ride:   Location: Yukon Territory, Trail: Easy Money

Purchased At:   e-rudy.com

Similar Products Used:   Rudy sportmask performance 2008 -- avoid these, they slide off your face and they are flimsy, cheap and breakable, I had to send mine back

Bike Setup:   Fischer RCS classic... I mean Giant TCR 2

Submitted by chicktc a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: January 8, 2005

Strengths:    Looks; fit; finish; easy lens change; exceptional optics.

Weaknesses:    You lose some peripheral view as outside of frame around lens blocks it!

Bottom Line:
I got the USA themed frame w laser blue lenses. Optical quality is outstanding!! Fit/comfort level is great. They look coooool! The downside is extra's(neck strap $20-it's cut out of a piece of neoprene)are expensive!

Favorite Ride:   calif wine country roads!!!

Purchased At:   eBay auction

Similar Products Used:   Performance bike; bolle rogue.

Submitted by popawheelie a Road Racer

Date Reviewed: December 2, 2004

Strengths:    Great build quality. Stylish. Quick change lenses. Prescription insert compatible.

Weaknesses:    Price should include more than one lense set & extras are expensive. Steer clear of polarized lense coating.

Bottom Line:
I bought these glasses after breaking a cheap-o pair of Performance glasses. Comfort and optics are great. I like the style as well. Overall, the glasses have been great through 9K miles of training and racing. I have the polarized smoke (came with the frames) and yellow lenses (bought separately). Both are good though the polarized lenses took some getting used to. Sometimes it makes the road surface look wierd or my cyclecomputer readout hard to read. Yellow frames are great for overcast and rainy days. The full frames take away some peripheral vision compared to frameless glasses. Overall though, I'm really happy with the product.

Favorite Ride:   too many to choose from