Rudy Project Project Kerosene Eyewear

4.75/5 (8 Reviews)

Engineered from raw applied science and technology, the Kerosene offers total adjustability and control over all parameters of the sunglass. In addition, the lenses are interchangeable. We believe the Kerosene to be the most advanced sunglass on the market for athletes. Weight 1.25oz

Submitted by Joleen a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: July 4, 2016

Strengths:    One of the best frames. Easy switching lenses.

Weaknesses:    ..

Bottom Line:
We moved to our new house and my Kerosene frames have been misplaced. I have four different lenses for this frame. I was hoping that somebody may want to sell their frames. Please contact me be email, wisker2s@yahoo.com

Submitted by Marcus75 a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: June 6, 2006

Strengths:    You can interchange with different colors. You can also pull the lens for a little vent to keep your eyes moist. Noice piece is very adjustable. Doesn't fog up.

Weaknesses:    Its heavy especially compare to my specialize Chicane Eyewear? I already got lots of scratches on my lens?

Bottom Line:
I was looking for a light weight road specific eyewear. I bought this because they looked pretty cool. Its on the heavy side sometimes I have to readjust the nose piece. The interchangeable and ventable lens are a nice tough? I already got scatches on my lens. But I heard that I can replace them with a small S+H fee? Overall I do like this frame although its too heavy for road specific glasses.

Favorite Ride:   Solveng Century

Purchased At:   Helen's

Similar Products Used:   Cheapo Sunglasses?

Bike Setup:   Look 585 with all the goodies!

Submitted by fhmiv a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: October 11, 2005

Strengths:    Adjustability, good accessories, good performance, high build quality/very durable, very versatile.

Weaknesses:    Difficult to clean both the presription insert and the lens.

Bottom Line:
These are my favorite cycling accessory, ever. The nose piece and temples are highly adjustable. The lenses keep out the wind, rain, and road grit. The glasses do not fog up. The prescription inserts are unobtrusive and work very well.

Purchased At:   e-rudy.com

Similar Products Used:   Bolle

Submitted by Philaka a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: September 4, 2005

Strengths:    The frame is amazingly durable compared to an oakley or Bolle' frame

Weaknesses:    Lenses are a bit tricky to change

Bottom Line:
These are by far the best and most protective Glasses I have owned for biking. Work extremely well...

Favorite Ride:   Central Massachusetts

Purchased At:   Charlton Optical

Similar Products Used:   Bolle' various Oakley

Submitted by BobPr a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: July 21, 2005

Strengths:    Hold up well - scratch resistant
Good coverage - protect from wind.
Rarely fog up unless I'm totally overheated.
Comfortable and flex to fit face shape.

Weaknesses:    None, except they're so good I can't justify replacing them with a newer model.

Bottom Line:
When I bought these glasses I thought they were too expensive. But after three years and thousands of miles, I was wrong. I have dropped them several times with no scratches. The lenses are as clear as the day I purchased them. The frames have some wear, but are still in very good shape. I used to go through one or two pair of (relatively) cheap poycarbonite lenses a season.

Favorite Ride:   Granite Dells

Purchased At:   mail order direct

Similar Products Used:   Various $15 -$45 crap glasses that fogged, scratched and needed frequent replacement.

Bike Setup:   Serotta steel w/ Ultegra.