Rudy Project Project Skeey Eyewear

4.45/5 (11 Reviews)

Skeey

Submitted by noe fraga a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: December 1, 2012

Strengths:    very good

Weaknesses:    real very light

Bottom Line:
Please, how do I get the lenses only black, gray, brown parts.
I can not get into the region.
from e thank you very much,
P.S.
I have several models rudy cycling, but these are my favorites

Submitted by Defense a Weekend Warrior

Date Reviewed: February 6, 2004

Strengths:    Wrap, no fog, no scratch lenses. Light weight. Thin profile. Frame does not ride up on your temple too hihg like Oakleys do. Replacement lens guarantee (the guy below that complained needs to go through the COMPANY not the distributor). Hard case comes with EVERY pair unlike Oakleys.

Weaknesses:    When first trying to interchange the lenses, it can be tricky to get them into the housing. With practice this becomes easier. Aerated (ergonose II) nosepads not as "tough" as the originals

Bottom Line:
Throwing in my 2 cents about the Rudy Rydon style. These are by far the best, lightest wrap sunglasses that you can buy. They have a thin profile that does not mask your entire face. The lenses are very scratch resistant. The lenses wrap around enough to block light, but not so much as to cause fogging. All in all, the best pair that Rudy makes.

Favorite Ride:   Trail??? Beach Volleyball Athlete here. Ask for my favorite beach.

Purchased At:   E Rudy

Similar Products Used:   Oakley M Frames, Killer Loop Extreme Pros, Bolle wraps, Smith (these are the worst of all) I am a total Rudy user now. I own 3 pairs.

Bike Setup:   Beach Volleyball Athlete here.

Submitted by jmac124 a Racer

Date Reviewed: January 16, 2004

Strengths:    Quality, Brand name. Lenses interchange easy. Adjustable everything. comfortable. Cool looks with the frame setup.

Weaknesses:    The temple screw popped out on me once, and it doesnt have standard eyeware threading, but customer service got me a replacement right away with no problems. Pricey too, but so is everyting on the market

Bottom Line:
Everything I look for in racing eyeware. Nothing less.

Purchased At:   MBC

Similar Products Used:   skeey uno

Bike Setup:   trek 2300, velomax ascent wheelset

Submitted by JN3 a Road Racer from Louisville, KY

Date Reviewed: July 29, 2003

Strengths:    Love the ease of popping the lenses in and out. Great protection. Stylish. Price (109 frame + 50 clip + 50 prescription = app. 209)

Weaknesses:    Bit heavy with Rx insert. Difficult to clean with Rx insert (must pop lenses out and clean both sets of lense). Rx set up can be difficult.

Bottom Line:
I needed performance-oriented, perscription-ready suglasses, and these seemed to fit the bill. I don't enjoy the hassles of contact lenses, so I needed to find a system that would provide a clear field of vision, block the wind, vent, allow lense changes, and have a Rx clip. Bolle's were way too big, and Oakley's M Frame too pricey (not to mention cracking problems with their Rx process). So, I tried the Rudy Ekynox and Skeey Uno. The Skeey's clip actually replaces the nose pads, bolting directly into the frame. This was a much more solid arrangement than the flimsy clip-in Ekynox. Plus, the clip was bigger. After using this set up for nearly a year, I've been mostly pleased. The glasses vent and protect very well, but they are quite heavy considering the additional Rx lenses. Thus, there is a little bit of slippage. Most important though, is a making sure your prescription is appropriate for the rake of the lenses. If your eyesite is too poor, you will find some distortion occurring at the borders of your lens. Also, make sure that when having the prescription lenses fit to the clip, have the clip attatched to the frame, as the clip stretches wider when attached.

Favorite Ride:   Rolling Hills East Louisville

Purchased At:   erudy.com

Similar Products Used:   Cheapos with Contacts. Rudy Ekynox.

Bike Setup:   Giant TCR Composite

Submitted by MartyLane a Road Racer

Date Reviewed: July 28, 2003

Strengths:    When riding, I can easily forget I have them on -- they're that comfortable, I hardly notice them. If I come home late from a long ride, and it is getting dark, I can easily remove the lenses, fit them in a jersey pocket, and still have my prescription lenses to get me home. Curved arms keep the frames on your face, even after falling several times off a sail boat.

Weaknesses:    The mounting groove on the lenses can crack if you man-handle them, so be careful. A cracked mounting groove caused one lenses to fall off easily -- but replacement lenses were easy to come by. I sweat like a pig, and didn't rinse the frames in water after rides, which caused the frames to corrode -- only a cosmetic flaw, really. After six years, the frames finally snapped in two when removing a lense. I'm not too disappointed in the frame failure, as I've used these almost daily for six years and they've served me well.

Bottom Line:
This review is for the Skeey EV, which includes a prescription insert. I used them for six years, almost daily mtb or road cycling.

Favorite Ride:   Mt. Lassen