Home | Reviews | Gloves | Assos

Assos Prosline Gloves

3.25/5 (4 Reviews)

Lightweight and breathable with perfectly designed thick padding to keep your hands isolated from road shock during even the most epic rides.

Submitted by talyfixed a Road Racer

Date Reviewed: August 22, 2008

Strengths:    Super comfy and look amazing

Weaknesses:    Quality control is quite bad on these, threads come apart very quickly

Bottom Line:
I have a love and have affair for these gloves, they are super comfy. Just enough padding for my life and the face that there is no Velcro strap is a HUGE plus! The white ones look amazing with this year white mania! Now the hate part the threads came apart after 1 week, ummm quality control Assos please! I have not fixed them but decided to ride them till the broke, up to today they are going strong. Can't imagine using anything else!

Purchased At:   epay

Similar Products Used:   Pearl Izumi, AGU etc etc I have used them all

Submitted by FrankDL a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: April 23, 2008

Strengths:    Quality buid.
Well designed.

Weaknesses:    Are a bit pricey but I find that, for me, they were worth the price.

Bottom Line:
I bought these to try despite the bad reviews. I would have to disagree completely with those reviews. I have had over 50 rides (of over 50 miles each) with these gloves and they are still holding up perfectly. No stitching unraveling at all and I've hand washed them after every other ride! The palm padding is adequate and I also like not having velcro strap closures. The two loops for removal is a very cool and slick design. I got mine in white to match by helmet and shoes. A very good product for me.

Favorite Ride:   Decending Hwy9 to Saratoga

Purchased At:   online

Similar Products Used:   TREK

Bike Setup:   Merlin Extralight - Dura-Ace- Mavic Ksyriums

Submitted by pariahdecss a Road Racer

Date Reviewed: August 5, 2005

Strengths:    look

Weaknesses:    price, poorly constructed, poor padding

Bottom Line:
These gloves were a huge dissappointment. I paid $50+ (US) for these gloves and they started to fall apart after a few weeks. I returned them for a refund and the bike retailer said this was a problem with all of these gloves. I actually liked the fact that they did not have any velcro wrist strap, and I liked the way they looked . . .but they did not have enough padding for my tastes and they fell apart. I expect better from Assos - I generally have liked the rest of their gear

Favorite Ride:   any with a tailwind

Purchased At:   Competetive Cyclist

Similar Products Used:   Pearl Izumi Gel Lite

Bike Setup:   Cannondale CAAD 8 - Ultegra 10

Submitted by Peek the Geek a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: June 22, 2005

Strengths:    -Good grip without excess padding
-big "snot spot"
-finger pulls to help removal

Weaknesses:    -Started coming apart on second ride
-No velcro on wrist to adjust fit
-Baggy fit compared to other medium size gloves
-No ventilation
-Gave me a raw spot on the heel of my hand
-Expensive

Bottom Line:
I think gloves are the most important article of clothing in cycling, so I wanted a good pair. The Assos name is typically a good one, but these gloves were a huge disappointment right away.
When I first got the gloves I was disappointed with the lack of a velcro strap at the wrist. The medium size I'm used to ran a bit big in the Assos, and without an adjustable wrist, things shifted too much. Also, there was pretty much no ventilation or mesh anywhere, which is bad since these are considered summer gloves.
Worst of all, a seam came completely undone on only my SECOND ride with these gloves, and the thread was coming out in a couple of other places as well. Terrible workmanship. Also, I had a raw spot on the heel of my hand after the ride, something I'd never experienced with any other gloves. For $50, I'd expect way better quality. These are being returned immediately.

Favorite Ride:   The Outskirts of Town