Bar Mitts Bar Mitts Gloves

Bar Mitts Gloves are a cold weather accessory to keep hands warm. Easily attaches to the bar. 5.5mm neoprene w/ nylon laminate on both sides Can be used with regular cycling gloves of varying thickness...

Submitted by Jim Kinney a Commuter

Date Reviewed: December 9, 2010

Strengths:    Breeze to install

Weaknesses:    A little tight on shifting

Bottom Line:
After looking at this product for a couple of years I orderd them. Why did I wait! We have had a week of low teens here and they work as advertised. Bar Mitts are worth the price. Very easy to install and will keep your hands warm.

Purchased At:   on line

Similar Products Used:   Lobster Gloves, Snowmobile Gloves

Bike Setup:   Bianchi Volpe with Shimano STI Shifters

Submitted by Cookieman2 a Triathlete

Date Reviewed: April 5, 2010

Strengths:    Easy to install.
They Work!

Weaknesses:    A little tight for smooth opperation of shift leavers and brakes. I have extra large hands.

Bottom Line:
My hands have been very sensitive to cold temps since 1967. Nothing has worked in keeping them warm on cold days. Then I found Bar mitts. End of story. Rode in rain and hail and strong winds 39*temps. NO Problem's Perfect!!!!

Favorite Ride:   Bar mitts

Purchased At:   Seattle cycle show

Similar Products Used:   All different types of winter sking, Biking even rowing gloves that did not work.

Submitted by cpcritter a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: December 8, 2008

Strengths:    Superior warmth, comfort and access to shifting and brakes. This is an ideal cold weather product.

Weaknesses:    Does not allow for multiple hand positions, doesn't bother me though.

Bottom Line:
I made a commitment to ride as much as possible this winter season. I have since been on a quest to keep my fingers and toes warm. I have tried multiple pairs of gloves with my ski gloves doing the best job at warmth but not allowing for easy shifting and braking actions.

I came upon the Bar Mitts website after doing an internet search and dropped another $65 for the sake of R&D.

I had an opportunity to use them this past weekend. The temperature was in the mid 20's and I was debating whether to ride indoor on the rollers or freeze outside. I decided to gear-up and ride my fixed gear outside, I am glad I did.

The insallation on my fixed gear was very simple. They just slip up the bars from the bottom and have a very well thought out velcro closure for the top of the bars. Installation on my geared bike was the same except for dealing with shimano brake cables. The Bar Mitts have a zipped/velcro opening for the cable too.

Using the Bar Mitts made the winter ride enjoyable! I used mid weight gloves under the Bar Mitts and my hands were not only comfortable but warm. The only time I felt any cold was when I removed my hands to signal. Also, I had no issues with braking or control. I began wondering if I even needed the gloves under the Bar Mitts.

I recommend this product very highly for anyone that rides in freezing temperatures. This product offers superior wind protection and warmth while maintaining adequate room for controls. I ride with my hands on the top of the bars usually so I am comfortable with the configuration, some people may want more hand position options though.

Purchased At:   BarMitts.com

Similar Products Used:   Gloves, gloves, gloves.

Bike Setup:   I ride only road bikes.

Submitted by sstrollo a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: November 18, 2008

Strengths:    Looks good, blocks wind, keeps hand grip on hoods secure over bumps, easy access and egress from hoods.

Weaknesses:    Must remove hands from mitts if you want to ride drops.

Bottom Line:
I ride mostly at 0 dark:30 before work. No sun to help keep warm. Winter rides are hardest on fingers and toes. Barmitts do a great job blocking the wind to keep your hands warm.

Bike Setup:   TREK 5200 with Dura Ace double drivetrain and shifter upgrade, Mavic Ksyrium SL, Michelin Ironman, Mavic wireless computer, Easton EC 90 seat post and full carbon Aero fork, Fizik Aliante saddle, Crank Bros Quattro pedals, Barmitts winter riding mitts, Light and Motion ARC Li-Ion light, Lake winter road shoes

Bar Mitts

Just saw this from ad here at RBR. Anybody out there use these ? Are they any good ? A little pricey. Thanks.Read More »