Louis Garneau Courville Gloves

Pull on the Louis Garneau Courville Glove and wave goodbye to numb fingers on your cold fall rides. The Courville features Wind Dry fabric that keeps the icy tendrils of nature?s breath off your fingers. An Amara synthetic suede palm ensures that you can

Submitted by Matt a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: November 11, 2011

Strengths:    -Breathable
-Keeps my hands dry
-No velcro

Weaknesses:    -Not wind-resistant enough
-Probably not insulated enough even if they were wind resistant
-Not precurved. They bunch up in the palm area
-Fingers are too short

Bottom Line:
These are not nearly as warm as I expected. They claim to have "windry upper hand" which sounds like maybe some wind resistant material. The fabric is not windproof, though it blocks a good portion of the wind moving less than 10-15mph. They claim to have thinsulate, but they are not warm. They claim to be 70 degree precurved, but they sit completely flat, and when I curve my hand the fabric bunches up in the palm area.

I wore these on a ride in 50 degree weather expecting to switch them out for something cooler. Instead, I almost wanted to put on a warmer pair! They were warm enough whenever I stopped, but when I was moving faster my hands got chilly. Maybe on a faster paced ride where I'm working harder I would have been warm, but this was a social ride. The only positive is that they kept my hands dry, and they were appropriate for the weather on this ride. They probably wouldn't work for me below 45 degrees unless I was really pushing it.

Purchased At:   Departmentofgoods