Pearl Izumi Pittard Glove Gloves

3.27/5 (11 Reviews)

• Store Price

Submitted by scbrown a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: March 30, 2009

Strengths:    Comfort, SWEAT WICKING PROPERTIES, Durability, Overall comfort. Can be washed and look brand new again. Very nice looking as well.

Weaknesses:    Price is high, but worth it for the shear comfort. Still wish they were about $5 dollars less. Padding is the best first few rides. Always enough gel padding after those rides, but the gel does wear in some.

Bottom Line:
I would HIGHLY RECOMMEND these gloves to anyone. These are very durable and the comfort (especially the first few times you wear them) are SECOND TO NONE!! I have purchased several pairs over the last couple of years (usually cuz i just like to ride new). I have given many a used pair to newer riders & they always like them so much that later they purchase their own new pair.

Favorite Ride:   Hotter n hell, Wichita Falls,TX

Purchased At:   performance bike

Similar Products Used:   Nike, and other pearl izumi brand gloves.

Bike Setup:   2006 madone ssl. Ultegra components, Race X lite wheels.

Submitted by mackgl a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: June 18, 2007

Strengths:    Decent construction.
Look nice.

Weaknesses:    Sloppy fit.
Gel padding too thin, not nearly as generous on the heel as the old Pittard.

Bottom Line:
I bought the 07 Pittard Carbon to replace a pair of 05 Pittards that had eventually developed a big hole after a couple thousand miles. I had really like the 05 Pittards, but the new ones just aren't as good. The fit is sloppier and the gel padding might as well not even be there. They do seem to be a bit better construction overall, but that seems irrelevant when your pinkies fall asleep.

Favorite Ride:   There and Back Again

Similar Products Used:   05 Pittard - Loved em

Bike Setup:   2005 LeMond Buenos Aires, Ultegra, Ksyrium Elites.

Submitted by Marc Monjauze a Road Racer

Date Reviewed: February 9, 2007

Strengths:    None

Weaknesses:    Poorly made. Poor customer support.

Bottom Line:
I bought a pair of these recently to replace a pair that had served me very well for a couple of years at least. Right away I could tell they weren't made as well but felt a sense of loyalty towards the brand and model because of how well the last pair had worked for me. My right index finger kept getting stuck in the the shifter when I was riding in the drops. I couldn't figure out why until I looked a lot closer and realized the right index finger glove had a lot more material and different stitching than the left. I wrote Pearl Izumi to tell them about it and they didn't even acknowledge my email. These things are mass-produced junk from China and aren't worth anywhere close to $45.00. The customer support from PI sucks.

Favorite Ride:   Outdoor

Purchased At:   REI

Similar Products Used:   Earlier version of Pittard, Louis Garneau, REI, other PI gloves

Bike Setup:   Six13

Submitted by Bikerider a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: December 14, 2006

Strengths:    Comfort, durability

Bottom Line:
Bought these gloves over 2 1/2 years ago and have roughly 4,500 miles of ridng (and one major crash) with them. Have machine washed them several times (with Woolite) and they still look and feel like new. Very comfortable and flexible, although takes a few miles after a wash to break in again.

Favorite Ride:   Clarksville (TN) Sunrise Century

Similar Products Used:   Performance

Bike Setup:   Trek 5200, Fizik Rondine, Speedplay Frogs

Submitted by Travis a Recreational Rider

Date Reviewed: August 9, 2006

Strengths:    Comfy cozy fitting! They feel great and can be used for road riding or mountain biking. I do both and it works tremendously. It is absolutely durable and is the best I've ever used.

Weaknesses:    The palm is pretty stiff brand new and after washing, but a good ride softens them up a little.

Bottom Line:
I have used these gloves for about a year and have extensive use on them. I have thrown them in the wash, crashed on pavement, on trails, and even stepped on them and they have done well. It's about time for a new pair, but for them to last a year is more than I can say for any other glove I've ever had!

Favorite Ride:   Every ride is a blessing.

Purchased At:   Cycle's Unlimited

Similar Products Used:   Other Pearl Izumi gloves, Bell, Trek, and other worthy gloves of speculation.